• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shoe Goo Question:

Guantanamo Joe

Well, I am back in good ol GTMO again. In my whirlwind tour, I completed my promotion file, found a house to buy, got my offer accepted, had the house inspected and got an estimate to put a back yard fence in.

I did have time to stop at wal mart and they had 7 tubes of goo, so I bought them all. So- how does this work- line the inside of the body with mesh tape and then goo? How thick should the coat be? Any help would be great, I have 2 xsc bodies and an MT body to work on, will 7 tubes do it?

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Well, I am back in good ol GTMO again. In my whirlwind tour, I completed my promotion file, found a house to buy, got my offer accepted, had the house inspected and got an estimate to put a back yard fence in.I did have time to stop at wal mart and they had 7 tubes of goo, so I bought them all. So- how does this work- line the inside of the body with mesh tape and then goo? How thick should the coat be? Any help would be great, I have 2 xsc bodies and an MT body to work on, will 7 tubes do it?
Congrats on the house!

I don't think 7 tubes will do 3 bodies, so start with your favorites. Good Luck!

Guantanamo Joe

I used 4 tubes to do the main parts of one XSC body... that thing is HUGE. Then I used 1 tube to do all the vulnerable areas of the MT body. I am keeping the last 2 tubes for emergencies. I cant wait to get this XSC on the road, but I am going to have to do some work with it first. Putting in side post body mounts, the killer bee, still havent even locktite'd it yet... long weekend ahead of me... ah ha ha

alfred e numan

Check this out. Go to the Home depot- the roofing area. There you will find a yellow mesh thats much stronger thea the drywall tape. Its about 5-6" wide. no glue on it, just tack it on with super glue -then have at it with the goop. I mentioned several days ago about a glue called Pliobond. Used it yesterday- its in a glass bottle with built in brush. This IS what K-N filters are bonded together with. Just look at a K-N filter and see. This is also what I bleive foam filters are bonded with also. Pliobond is gasoline proof- It takes a strong solvent to dissolive this after 7 days-- acetone-touline- ect. Soon as i find suitable rubber boots - i will be making my own foam filters- big filters -lots of dead air space, filtration area. Yeaaa!! Also, I want you all to know just how much i HATE sanding cured dry wall mud, I am covered from head to toe - white-aggggg!

alfred e numan

Roofing mesh Pliobond. My sanding is done. All cleaned up and ready to blow an orange peel texture in the morning.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I used 4 tubes to do the main parts of one XSC body... that thing is HUGE. Then I used 1 tube to do all the vulnerable areas of the MT body. I am keeping the last 2 tubes for emergencies. I cant wait to get this XSC on the road, but I am going to have to do some work with it first. Putting in side post body mounts, the killer bee, still havent even locktite'd it yet... long weekend ahead of me... ah ha ha
Fun stuff!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts