• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shoe Goo Question:

Guantanamo Joe

Gentlemen... today is the big day. I will get to be in the states for the next 72 hours.

Fortunately my shopping list is not too long. I do need some shoe goo though... How much should it take to coat an XSC body? I am just looking for an estimate.

Thanks for your help

Trip..

I used 2 tubes to cover my XB body, so I would say 4 at least. Better make it 5 so you can have some extra for whatever reason. Don't forget the drywall tape as well.

Guantanamo Joe

Whatever the estimate was, I was going to add 2 tubes anyway

Drywall tape is on my list as well... With how I drive, I NEED this mod :D

Sergio

Where can I buy shoe goo only found it on the web but thought maybe Walmart or home depot carries it.

Trip..

R_A_Machine said:
I just did my entire xt body with 1 tube? An I that stingy or do you guys only get little tubes?
I used the 6 oz tubes, I just put on 3 coats of goop and 3 layers of drywall tape...

Body weighs 6 pounds now lol.

G

Trip.. said:
I used the 6 oz tubes, I just put on 3 coats of goop and 3 layers of drywall tape...Body weighs 6 pounds now lol.
desismileys_1477.gif Thats a lot of goo!

alfred e numan

The same maker sells automotive shoe goo, not certan if this is the same formula as the more common shoe goo. There is another type of bonding agent thats been around for a long time. Its called pliobond. The navy used this stuff to bond the nameplates on ships! I talked to the unifilter company - asked the people what they reccomended for bonding there bulk air filter foam with, he said pliobond. i tryed to pick his brain tru e-mail, attempting to find out what glue they use- he did not directly say out of getting into deep shit over his job i suspect, in a round about way- he said pliobond. 90% certan this is what k-n used to bond there cotton- wire to the rubber connectors on there filters. I found a glass bottle of this at a Ace hardware store- just load up a decent search engine on the p-c- I suggest startpage.com, or IX quick-- then type in pliobond- this engine has the option of showing photos- just keep the kids out of it- its based in the Netherlands- Sayy- ever wonder whats in the jet planes that leave a vapot trail that hangs in the air all day and spreads out -turns blue skys to grey?- check out the 2nd photo and see for yourselfs- its called geo-engineering. nice huh?

G

Thanks a lot man, now ya got me hold'n my breath when I see a plane. LOL

alfred e numan

yea, no doubt. this is usuallly applied either on the leading edge - or trailing edge of weather systems for greatest effect. this is the advantage of getting out of google directly and still use it by proxy- start page -- or ix quick search engine is the best of the best- based in the Netherlands. As for whats in the tanks- i will only say its nano particle size. you all will have to read for yourselfs what the trails actually are. absolutly frankinstien scary. but, you deserve to know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts