• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

shocks

creepingcharlie

I want a better set of shocks. What are you guys buying or doing the shocks. My buggy bottoms out very easily. I have read about different oils and spring. I am just a basher. Big air and flat runs is how I run the buggy. So I would like to know what people have found that works best.

papaw

I would try using differ weight oil first as the shocks are fairly good ones, could be better money spent in other up grades. IMO

creepingcharlie

I am running a Dune runner clone. I have yet tried different oils. Not sure where to start on the weight of to use. Dose anyone know what comes stock in the shocks. It seems I need a heavier oil then what I have now. It tends to bounce a lot at speed and bottom out on jumps. As if the oil is not damping the compression of the shock down and holding the tires to the ground.

G

No one really knows the factory weight. Most of the time the shocks are not full.

creepingcharlie

Motakitty said:
I used 40wt all the way around and it feels good, it just depends on how and where you drive
Once I find out what I am going to do. Buy new after market shocks or upgrade my stock one I will try 40 and 50 at oils in them. That seems to be the norm as far the searches I have done.

papaw

Here is some info.

Shock Oil for the Baja 5B!

Baja 5B owners can now choose from a wide variety of Baja Shock Oil in 5 weight intervals to optimize the suspension for various track conditions and temperatures. The Baja 5B shocks are specifically designed to use this kind of petroleum fork oil for optimal performance and the widest range of viscosity. They’re packaged in convenient 100cc bottles with fill spouts and a tethered cap. Each weight has a unique color label to help make it easy to identify in your pit box.

Note: Use only petroleum fork oil in Baja 5B shocks. Silicone oil weights are not equivalent to petroleum shock oil weights.

Z141 BAJA SHOCK OIL 5w (100cc)

Z142 BAJA SHOCK OIL 10w (100cc)

Z143 BAJA SHOCK OIL 15w (100cc)

Z182 BAJA SHOCK OIL 20w (100cc) (Stock Weight)

Z144 BAJA SHOCK OIL 25w (100cc)

Z145 BAJA SHOCK OIL 30w (100cc)

Z146 BAJA SHOCK OIL 35w (100cc)

Z147 BAJA SHOCK OIL 40w (100cc)

G

I run 40 in mine.

Dreggsta

i'm running 45wt. i am also running mt shocks on mine which are a touch longer. if i were to do it again i'd run a 50 or higher weight & run mt rear shocks on all four corners.

G

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts