• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Shock boots for only $3!

Ruffy

Well as one MT is down I still can play with the other one. Anyhow this one is broke in and ive been running it around the yard instead of the road. What I found was these trucks collect more mud then a triaxle dump truck haha. So I was about to order some shock socks for my rear shocks because with only 15 min of play i had to do a total clean out and seen how bad the rear shocks were getting thrashed from mud,stones, and anything on the ground. I can see how easily it would destroy the shocks. Anyhow I went to the local hardware store and picked up a bike tube. The size is 24x2.125. What I found is a perfect fit! You cant find a better fit then this. What i like most is the simple fact you don't have to ziptie the boots for easy adjustments on the shocks. Just one tube covered all 4 of my MT shocks plus some. And it looks good :)

Ruffy

Pic. Sorry I had to shrink it for here. It even looks cool.

rear boot.jpg

rear boot.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/583c6063751ca_rearboot.jpg.c76bd38c193efb58d7f99bf8fb4b0774.jpg

Ruffy

Thanks! I almost was going to use a condom but I couldnt bring myself to do it haha. I always like going to hardware stores and such to see what I can improve to my RC. It just happens i was looking only for a shock cover and came across it. It works 100% and im sure it will last a very long time. As for flexibility is not really an issue as well. It actually works better under the flex and acts also as a sound deadner for them sqeeeeky shocks. Heck mine are new and still made a little noise and now they don't.

Arct1k

Ive used them for battery holders too.

Deluge

Ruffy said:
Thanks! I almost was going to use a condom but I couldnt bring myself to do it haha. I always like going to hardware stores and such to see what I can improve to my RC. It just happens i was looking only for a shock cover and came across it. It works 100% and im sure it will last a very long time. As for flexibility is not really an issue as well. It actually works better under the flex and acts also as a sound deadner for them sqeeeeky shocks. Heck mine are new and still made a little noise and now they don't.
Whaaaaaaat?! Lmao.

cordy

I also did the inner tube thing.Thanks Ruffy.The secret for you new guy`s that would like to try this is to spray the inside of your inner tube with silicone spray or wd-40. This will allow a easy slip on as they are a snug fit. 100_0509.jpg 100_0510.jpg

caveman

So I did the tube thing tonight, for the price it's a great mod. The tube I used was covered in powder and slid right over the spring. Now just gotta go play!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts