• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Run away RAMPAGE ??? HELP

Rammer

I installed the servos,radio and fail safe.But when I cut power from transmitter the servos go crazy.I tried to set fail safe by using transmitter

to hold servo in the brake position,then holding button on fail safe for two

seconds.But can't get the fail safe to work.With out fail safe I get the same result,with the crazy servos ,going back and forth , when the power is cut .

WHY ????? :confused:

I am also installing a PB kill switch , That seems to be working OK.With no green light , the servos work fine,with power from transmitter.When power is cut from transmitter the light blinks on and off ,is working like the crazy servos.But PB kill switch works better with no servos hooked up,steady blinking green light. Will it still kill the motor at this point,or does the light have to be solid green ? :confused:

I am trying to use digital servos,with the HITEC AGGRESSOR FM radio.

Will I need a new radio to get the digital servos to work right ?

How can I fix my problem,so I don't get a run away RAMPAGE ??? :eek:

HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME :eek:

Piranha2

Contributor
I'm not sure the digital servos will work that great with the aggressor, spend another $160 and get a Futaba 3PM which will work in HRS mode for the digital servos and the failsafes s*ck, the killswitch is the only way to go. Hope this helps.

mooman007uk

Banned
when the pico light is solid green it means it's on, when it blinks it means there is no signal (tx off) and when there is no light it is in the off/kill position.

Are you using the stock servos...if so throw the th/br one in the trash cos they're garbage.

Some have had glitching steering servos as well and others haven't, mine was ok but got weak after a few tanks and would hardly turn the wheels.

Rammer

mooman007uk said:
when the pico light is solid green it means it's on, when it blinks it means there is no signal (tx off) and when there is no light it is in the off/kill position.
Are you using the stock servos...if so throw the th/br one in the trash cos they're garbage.

Some have had glitching steering servos as well and others haven't, mine was ok but got weak after a few tanks and would hardly turn the wheels.
NO directions say

LED status

ON - engine off

FLASHING-failsafe on

OFF - normal operation

Will try old servos,digitals glitching like crazy

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
Rammer said:
NO directions say
LED status

ON - engine off

FLASHING-failsafe on

OFF - normal operation

Will try old servos,digitals glitching like crazy
OOps my bad, i can't see my light anyhow...i got one out of 3 right.

does the aggressor have a built in failsafe? if so maybe it's conflicting with the one in the car...just a thought

NEWCARNAGE

Is pb same as pico kill switch if its a pico green means go flashing means lost signal and off means no power like moo said. Ditch the factory fail safe i cut my leads off to use for future use and tossed the rest. If im reading this right the servos will jitter with no signal from radio. and no you can use digital servos on you hitec you might have a setting on radio to identify analog and digital though

Rammer

NEWCARNAGE said:
Is pb same as pico kill switch if its a pico green means go flashing means lost signal and off means no power like moo said. Ditch the factory fail safe i cut my leads off to use for future use and tossed the rest. If im reading this right the servos will jitter with no signal from radio. and no you can use digital servos on you hitec you might have a setting on radio to identify analog and digital though
It's a TGN R/C Kill Switch

HITEC AGGRESSOR radio has no settings for analog or digital.

I think , I will need a new FUTABA 3PM radio,to use ditital servos,with the

kill switch and fail safe .........

kryptonite

make sure you check what reciever comes with the 3pm. i thought the one i bought was compatible but it wasnt. even got extra recievers but they are not "HR" compatible.. sucks!! i think the 3pm 2.4 comes with, but not the fm 75mhz

Piranha2

Contributor
Aggressor FM is not digital......only computer radios process the digital signals.....$400 FM's have an ADC. The 3PM 2.4GHz identifies digital servos and will display it as HRS.

Rammer

Piranha2 said:
Aggressor FM is not digital......only computer radios process the digital signals.....$400 FM's have an ADC. The 3PM 2.4GHz identifies digital servos and will display it as HRS.
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Bought a FUTABA MAGNUM T3PM - 2.4G , 3 - channel , FASST , w / R603FF receiver .

Payed $ 215.99 ( it is the cheaper model ) :eek:

Kill switch works GREAT !!!!!!! When power is cut from TRANSMITTER ..... :cool:

Throttle servo returns to BRAKE !!!!!!!! When power is cut from TRANSMITTER..... :cool:

Digtal servos , WORK GREAT , NO TWITCHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very short antenna , DOES NOT STICK THROUGH TRUCK BODY , ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU , THANK YOU , THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO RUN AWAY RAMPAGE MT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piranha2

Contributor
I can only take credit for my comments. The suggestion for the 3PM 2.4GHz came from the other members when I was having troubles. But I am glad you figured it out. Much more fun now. Mine has sick range. Got a $42 4200MaH receiver pack and we are good to go for hours. I recommend you get one as the coreless digital servos eat more "juice".

Piranha2

Contributor
My Pico killswitch is a normally OFF (modified) one. Do NOT still use the stock failsafe! I run my 3PM 2.4GHz and Pico as follows:

1) turn ON transmitter

2) turn ON receiver

3) turn ON 3rd channel (I have it set this way, ON is RUN, OFF is OFF)

4) apply FULL brake on transmitter and HOLD

5) on back of transmitter DEPRESS the failsafe for a few seconds

6) release BRAKE

7) verify on back of transmitter that failsafe is BLINKING GREEN

Now I'm good to go, truck will shut OFF no matter what condition!

mooman007uk

Banned
NEWCARNAGE said:
didn't think I was tripping, the tgn kill switch must be different.

I got mine set so it's off when i turn the tx on then I turn it on with 3ch to start. I have it on hold when it loses signal so the inbuilt failsafe in my tx will apply the brakes but my motor wont get switched off so if i go out of range i don't have to walk 1/4 mile to retrieve it ;) (though haven't hit range limit with the react yet)

DemonRC

mooman007uk said:
didn't think I was tripping, the tgn kill switch must be different.
I got mine set so it's off when i turn the tx on then I turn it on with 3ch to start. I have it on hold when it loses signal so the inbuilt failsafe in my tx will apply the brakes but my motor wont get switched off so if i go out of range i don't have to walk 1/4 mile to retrieve it ;) (though haven't hit range limit with the react yet)
Ya mine is like you described.

LED On = ON

LED Blinking = no TX signal or 3rd Channel off

LED Off = off

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.