• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rockslide 1/8 scale

yakrcnut

I just bought one last night man this thing will crawl anywhere. don't know how durable it is yet but time will tell. I put it face to face with the wall and it went straight up,until it flipped backwards.They are not built for speed, but maybe you can upgrade the motors. hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

firefighter9780

are these pretty good out of the box is there a battery upgrade so you will get longer run time. i just don't know which to get the 10th or 8th and will a little kid be able to drive this with it being slow my boy is almost 4 and have 2 cheap rc cars and loves them but they are not to good in the house/basement so i was thinking this may be a better way to go and input will help thanks for everything

angryrecords

The 1/8 is pretty big, you will need a lot of floor space such as a basement if your going to run that indoors. I would run it outside, it would be much more fun. Crawlers are slow, althought they are a little fast if they are not crawling. They have a lot of torque so they can crawl and manage through ruff terain. What I like about the super crawler 1/8 is it's 4ws (4wheel steering) Pretty cool rite out of the box. That allows you to steer with all 4 wheels at the same time for those of you who don't know. I'd have to say the super crawler is one of the best crawlers and it does not cost a fortune.

chevy

are these pretty good out of the box is there a battery upgrade so you will get longer run time. i just don't know which to get the 10th or 8th and will a little kid be able to drive this with it being slow my boy is almost 4 and have 2 cheap rc cars and loves them but they are not to good in the house/basement so i was thinking this may be a better way to go and input will help thanks for everything
if your looking for a good indoor crawler for your son and you! losi makes a micro crawler good for small areas & tabletop courses, and they can be extensively modded if you want to go all out theirs also a few aftermarket chassis to choose from, their 1/24th scale, also thiers the miniqlo crawler its a 1/18th scale i have the micro crawler and lover it, good backyard crawler and very capable im waiting on a eclipse chassis and some billet parts then i can start on the 4 wheel steering it seems to never end with modding :)

The 1/8 is pretty big, you will need a lot of floor space such as a basement if your going to run that indoors. I would run it outside, it would be much more fun. Crawlers are slow, althought they are a little fast if they are not crawling. They have a lot of torque so they can crawl and manage through ruff terain. What I like about the super crawler 1/8 is it's 4ws (4wheel steering) Pretty cool rite out of the box. That allows you to steer with all 4 wheels at the same time for those of you who don't know. I'd have to say the super crawler is one of the best crawlers and it does not cost a fortune.
+1 on that the 1/8 scale crawlers can be difficult to run indoors much less running in your backyard! what i mean is 1/8 scale needs big rocks and larger areas to make it fun, either way you go both crawlers are nice but i prefer smaller scale for indoors keep it more challenging.

angryrecords

If money is an issue and you want to stick with the 1/18 for you and your son, I just wanted to mention Thunder Tiger has come out with a 1/18 crawler. Getting back to the redcat crawlers now, I have heard people have had some issues with the 1/10 crawler but everyone I have heard from raves about the 1/8 super crawler.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts