• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat xbe onroad plz

bigblkblazin

So I am thinking.....change the shock tower and drive shafts and lower arms and you have a onroad. The offroad segment has been thoroughly covered by redcat large scale but how about some love for the onroad guys also. We lost the gas onroad in the rally but a brushless version would make my day. Anyone with me????????

Ps for the body something that looks like a lmp2

bigblkblazin

Yes I did and it was beast. However after waiting 3 weeks for a drive shafts. And never finding a body that fit. I gave it to someone just getting into large scale.

G

bigblkblazin said:
So I am thinking.....change the shock tower and drive shafts and lower arms and you have a onroad. The offroad segment has been thoroughly covered by redcat large scale but how about some love for the onroad guys also. We lost the gas onroad in the rally but a brushless version would make my day. Anyone with me????????Ps for the body something that looks like a lmp2

I'd get one in a heartbeat!

TerraKill

Deluge said:
There's always the Traxxas XO-1. Looks pretty beast.
id woulda brought a Xo-1 in an instant if it didnt require a Iturd product to unlock its full speed :mad:

+1 for a onroad brushless 1/5th RTR redcat/maverick!!!

TerraKill

Deluge said:
You don't need an Apple device to unlock it. You could just change the gears.
ohh yeh you need to fit them aswell.

unfortunatly, you do achally need an iphone/ipod device to run the app to fully unlock the ESC, yeh you could change the gearing, but that still dosnt unlock the ESC and you wont get the full potential out of the car.

this is the small print on bottom of traxxas page

http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1

"*Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App.

Included high-speed gearing and High Downforce splitter are required for 100+mph operation.

Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately). iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries."

i think its really naughty trying to push out Apple products this way, and a bad call for Traxxas saying its 100mph RTR out the box, when its only 100mph ready if you have an ipod/iphone to use the app and unlock it.

they havnt even given you any other way to unlock it.

As much as i want an XO-1 i hate apple products, so thats kinda the deal breaker for me.

if they realse a version were Iturds arnt needed i would snatch one up without even blinking.

but if this is the route Traxxas is going to take teaming with apple to push there products, im never buying a traxxas product again

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

TerraKill said:
ohh yeh you need to fit them aswell.unfortunatly, you do achally need an iphone/ipod device to run the app to fully unlock the ESC, yeh you could change the gearing, but that still dosnt unlock the ESC and you wont get the full potential out of the car.

this is the small print on bottom of traxxas page

http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1

"*Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App.

Included high-speed gearing and High Downforce splitter are required for 100+mph operation.

Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately). iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries."

i think its really naughty trying to push out Apple products this way, and a bad call for Traxxas saying its 100mph RTR out the box, when its only 100mph ready if you have an ipod/iphone to use the app and unlock it.

they havnt even given you any other way to unlock it.

As much as i want an XO-1 i hate apple products, so thats kinda the deal breaker for me.

if they realse a version were Iturds arnt needed i would snatch one up without even blinking.

but if this is the route Traxxas is going to take teaming with apple to push there products, im never buying a traxxas product again
I completely agree. Just sayin' that there is a way around it. I'm sure someone will figure out a crack.

G

Make that 11. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts