• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat tuned pipe

RamageCameron

I have a Rampage the new tuned pipe is touching the top plastic by the spark plug and won't line up to put black metal hanger bracket on. Can I heat this pipe up and try to bend into shape without cracking the pipe?

Jonny5

what will happen could vary on a lot of things, type of metal, is it close to a weld, if it is alm it usually dose not help to heat it, just keep tapping it to get the metal to re form. light hits with a ball ping. don't go bashing it tho .a pic would help

Phill

RamageCameron said:
It's the $60 redcat aluminum pipe. I'll post pics when I get home.
I've found alloy pipes melt very quickly

Try a steel pipe like Jetpro

RamageCameron

I'm new here, is there a way to post pictures here from a smart phone?

This is my second pipe. My first one cracked, I believe they were stress cracks from not using the bracket hanger piece.

Ice_2k

Dropbox also works great for this

detrailers

I just got my $30 Redcat pipe (sorry Cameron)

Haven't put it on yet but doesn't seem to be direct bolt on - Ill post and problems or modifications I do...Anyone else installed one with some pointers...

Any adjustment needed to the needles?

One thing Redcat lacks is good instructions, or on the case of the pipe ANY directions!

blak__jak

when you get done wasting your time and money. buy a tried and true pipe. they seem like a lot to spend at first but by the time you buy a few of the cheaper pipes you have more than covered what you would have spend in the first place. take my word for this. been there done that. I've got 2 mts an a dr and I've learned my lesson in the trying to go cheap in this department.

detrailers

I cant speak for everyone but I don't use mine enough to justify spending more money for a "better" pipe. Im happy with the looks and sound of the RCR pipe especially since it only cost me $30...

I think if I got in deeper with this I would probably spend waaaay too much on pipes and other gizmos and add ons for this thing...

p.s. the RamTech kill switch is awesome. Love how it kills the thing when I shut off the radio...

rcgasser

blak__jak said:
when you get done wasting your time and money. buy a tried and true pipe. they seem like a lot to spend at first but by the time you buy a few of the cheaper pipes you have more than covered what you would have spend in the first place. take my word for this. been there done that. I've got 2 mts an a dr and I've learned my lesson in the trying to go cheap in this department.
+1 well said all of the redcat pipes are garbage and they will be replacing them real soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts