• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Redcat polished pipe...

PrjctStrtFrce

...you really do get what you paid for, as many have mentioned regarding this pipe.

I have had it in my parts bin for a while and finally installed a few mods, including the pipe, and ran it for the first time yesterday. I was going over a curb and the back end bounced off the curb causing the truck to do a front roll ONCE, which caused the pipe to bend in a few spots and cringe in another. I was able to tweak it back, but I wasn't a fan of how low the quality is of the pipe. Burnt the plastic roll cage in a few spots, but oh well.

Other than that, I was really happy with the added performance of the 998 carb, HPI filter, shredstack, aluminum IM, and the 8k clutch. I'm sure the pipe added something too, other than being much louder. :p

Thought I would share that with you guys.

PrjctStrtFrce

Only reason it burnt the cage is because it bent out of shape and touched it in two spots.

T3X

Ive gone through two of em. Both cracked due to heat. Its a nice cheap pipe but should have made it from steel. Ill be buying a jet pro very soon for my MT and DR

PrjctStrtFrce

What is the Catbox made out of?

I'm not a fan of how all the exhaust are so exposed and are begging for damage in the event of even a minor roll over. Also not a fan of drilling into the chassis to accommodate the mounts for all the steel pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

PrjctStrtFrce said:
What is the Catbox made out of?I'm not a fan of how all the exhaust are so exposed and are begging for damage in the event of even a minor roll over. Also not a fan of drilling into the chassis to accommodate the mounts for all the steel pipes.
Its made of steel but will only give you bottom end will not give you no were near the performance of a tuned pipe. If you do not want your pipe exposed you should look at getting a rear mounted pipe. The jetrop TT rear pipe will fit the MT also.

PrjctStrtFrce

How do the Jetpros compare in sound with the Redcat polished pipe? More or less annoying...?

Even that rear mounted pipe looks like it would take a beating in the event of a roll over/flip...less than the others, but still looks vulnerable.

So the Catbox would most likely melt or deform down the line as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

claude bigelow

PrjctStrtFrce said:
How do the Jetpros compare in sound with the Redcat polished pipe? More or less annoying...?Even that rear mounted pipe looks like it would take a beating in the event of a roll over/flip...less than the others, but still looks vulnerable.

So the Catbox would most likely melt or deform down the line as well?
I have the jet pro side pipe on my truck. And I can say it really holds up well, I've flipped, cart wheeled and even crashed on the pipe and only broke the side clamp. Everybody knows my truck spends a lot of time on the work bench due to my excellent driving. But beside the screws backing out due to vibration I have no complaints.

PrjctStrtFrce

claude bigelow said:
I have the jet pro side pipe on my truck. And I can say it really holds up well, I've flipped, cart wheeled and even crashed on the pipe and only broke the side clamp. Everybody knows my truck spends a lot of time on the work bench due to my excellent driving. But beside the screws backing out due to vibration I have no complaints.
Well that's good to know :p

How loud/annoying are the Jetpros compared to the stock exhaust and redcat pipe?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts