• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

recommended hop ups for xsc..

MIKEspoon

So got my first 1/5 and I'll never go nitro ever again lol. Running it stock right now and not pushing it to full potential until I get necessary hop ups.. I just ordered a jetpro side mount pipe and bout to get the kill switch. Just wondering what else is mandatory. I know the servos, Baja wheel adapters, vented tank and air filter but what else would u guys recommend? Bearings? Towers? Aluminum roll cage? I appreciate it guys, if u can place links in post I would appreciate it.. thanks

-mike

Guantanamo Joe

bearings are a great idea... 7075 rc has some good ones from what I hear (left side of the page).

You seem to have a good grasp on the "essentials"... the pipe will give it crazy power and speed compared to stock... on my MT, I put the 7,500 rpm clutch spring in and a side pipe on- and now it runs like a champ... I couldnt ask for more power on it than being able to do donuts in a 3' circle :D

Guantanamo Joe

stock gears hold up, but the belt drive is the poo!!! It makes youre engine spool up faster because you are not spinning all those gears. It is lighter weight and less maintenance as well.

andyken

MIKEspoon said:
So got my first 1/5 and I'll never go nitro ever again lol. Running it stock right now and not pushing it to full potential until I get necessary hop ups.. I just ordered a jetpro side mount pipe and bout to get the kill switch. Just wondering what else is mandatory. I know the servos, Baja wheel adapters, vented tank and air filter but what else would u guys recommend? Bearings? Towers? Aluminum roll cage? I appreciate it guys, if u can place links in post I would appreciate it.. thanks-mike
Even tho it's a pain...I still like nitro. :)

I would recomend the MT or Aluminum gear plate.

BertR

reinforce your body if you have not done that and get the aluminum gear plate the stock one will crap out on you oh 8k rpm clutch pads/spring

ChuenouXiao

I think one of the major thing I would do for a new cat is the aluminum MT gear plate with large bearing. The crown gear that connects to the pinion gear near your brakes; will come loose because the four bolts holding the crown gear will wobble out. I installed longer screws and nut to stop it from happening again.... Then you need kill switch too... and exhaust..... I think those are the major thing I would point out to you. Oh... and the stock servos must be replace!

MIKEspoon

Best mixing bottle for on the go driving? Any suggestions o on best oil gas to use? Ex: 87 or 93

G

I use 93 only because I read that it does not contain methonal. The ratio rite cup makes for easy mixing.

G

I recomend synthetic. All of which are good. The synthetics smoke much less making driving more pleasurable.

G

No weights. It needs to be a 2 stroke oil. The weighted oils are 4 stroke oils. Your local motor cycle or atv shop should have an assortment. You can run the non synthetic also. You can get that at your automotive or lawn equipment shop.

MIKEspoon

Yea I realized that after I post it. I'm new to the two stroke game. I'm used to v8 lol. I gotta do done reading

G

Enjoy. All the info you need is here. If you can't find what your looking for just ask. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts