• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rebirth of the MT.

claude bigelow

Well planned on waiting for the winter, but couldn't wait. So this what it looked like after a fun day in the park.

e3e260d1327f108592c4f1f6399a6b7f.jpg

Here's some pics of what's done so far

1aacbc4c2a037f9e40d585035ebdc6b6.jpg

Hummer body

e12af93428455bbe1575cdbe840376aa.jpg

Hpi wheels and Hostile tires

ce2fadc8f9d1a9708a9959b28e828950.jpg

2spd installed

claude bigelow

Servos and battery box

Silent_chaos

I was just wondering, since you have the Losi truck in front of you, is it possible for the MT to have the losi diff lock installed with modifications?

I mean yeah it requires chassis drilling etc, might start a new project.

Just thinking loudly, is it doable?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

Lookin good claude....stock steering servos are pretty good I'm going on over 2 years on them...keep the 2 speed in it and don't Frankenstein it like others suggest you got 2 losi ' s so u don't need to make it a losi style rig....my 2 cents....

Silent_chaos

Ildy666 said:
Lookin good claude....stock steering servos are pretty good I'm going on over 2 years on them...keep the 2 speed in it and don't Frankenstein it like others suggest you got 2 losi ' s so u don't need to make it a losi style rig....my 2 cents....
If you read my post correctly, i didn't suggest changing anything. I asked a humble question since he has both rigs and he can give a clearer answer whether it might be doable or not.

And based on his answer I am going to study the feasability of a losi style rig on the xb. Since it was asked many times in the redcat improvement thread.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Nice claude, you've been busy. ..

Are you adding front chassis braces this time, I have some steel 1/4" tube you can use till u get some chromoly?

If no rain, I'm still looking good for Monday bash. ..

Ildy, if you're not busy. ...hit me up..fun with 2 speeds and big mills!!

claude bigelow

krashkrieg said:
Nice claude, you've been busy. ..Are you adding front chassis braces this time, I have some steel 1/4" tube you can use till u get some chromoly?

If no rain, I'm still looking good for Monday bash. ..

Ildy, if you're not busy. ...hit me up..fun with 2 speeds and big mills!!
Cool I'll take it.

claude bigelow

Silent_chaos said:
I was just wondering, since you have the Losi truck in front of you, is it possible for the MT to have the losi diff lock installed with modifications?I mean yeah it requires chassis drilling etc, might start a new project.

Just thinking loudly, is it doable?
Not sure if that will work, just trying to get it back on the road. I would have to get some help if wanted to make that happen.

Silent_chaos

claude bigelow said:
Not sure if that will work, just trying to get it back on the road. I would have to get some help if wanted to make that happen.
Thanks m8. Looking forward for ur mt rebuilt.

claude bigelow

Finally done. Couldn't figure out how to make Hummer body to work, so I went back to camo body for now.

I'll be testing it out tomorrow to see if everything is ok.

Silent_chaos

claude bigelow said:
Finally done. Couldn't figure out how to make Hummer body to work, so I went back to camo body for now.

I'll be testing it out tomorrow to see if everything is ok.
digging those yellow beadlocks

claude bigelow

Well took it out today, and it was hauling a$$. But of course me being me I avoided the tress. I was doing some speed runs and smacked into a cement post in the middle of the open field. I have no idea why that was there, so back to the work stand it goes. I can't win with this truck, damage rear shock, rear lower arm and rear upper suspension arm.

Silent_chaos

claude bigelow said:
Well took it out today, and it was hauling a$$. But of course me being me I avoided the tress. I was doing some speed runs and smacked into a cement post in the middle of the open field. I have no idea why that was there, so back to the work stand it goes. I can't win with this truck, damage rear shock, rear lower arm and rear upper suspension arm.

That sucks man. I hate to see your truck like that. Are your brakes any good?

Phill

claude bigelow said:

I can relate to that

Twice now I've been in the middle of nowhere and crashed into my own parked car

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts