• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rear gearbox

LightForce

Ok this is for those who have multiple failures with rear gearbox , which keeps on blowing up.

I used baja 5b rear hub carrier cut it and dremel it a bit.

Yesterday I ran 3 tanks thru the buggy mostly racing and it did held up fine, usually it`s gone within 1 tank.

Maybe 7075RC can do this part of AL. before we get V2 gearbox hopefully.

DemonRC

When I started seeing the first few failures in that area I put 3-4 layers of fiberglass around where the hub meets the case to reinforce it. Been running the same diff housing for 14 months now without a failure.

46u

Are the bearings going bad to cause this? Looks like in the picture in melted the plastic. Could it be the bearing going bad causing excursive heat? Is it the rear only with this problem?

RampageHopUps

LightForce said:
I already sent you one 4 months ago.
OK< they have that one. I hope they are going to add some material.

Yes, it is bearing failure with heat that melts the plastic.

rob64n

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
OK< they have that one. I hope they are going to add some material.Yes, it is bearing failure with heat that melts the plastic.
I thought that at first but the bearings are perfect, but I still haven't ruled out the heat plus the load on the pinion.

rob64n

Contributor
46u said:
Are the stock bearing shield or sealed?
doesn't matter which bearing you have,I have sealed bearings, and they are smooth but I have still went through two cases, so working on getting my aluminum cases made

LightForce

rob64n said:
doesn't matter which bearing you have,I have sealed bearings, and they are smooth but I have still went through two cases, so working on getting my aluminum cases made
Same here bearings were ok just housing needs more support. However V2 should get slightly bigger bearings .

RampageHopUps

No V2 that I know of. There haven't been too many complaints. Hopefully they can just add some material to teh housing.

Obeast44

Banned
GTS 666 said:
Are the X series difs the same as MT/ TT. Or are different I haven't had any issues with my dif in my MT.
The diffs themselves are pretty much the same, the X series only uses 2 spiders gears versus the MT/TTs 4. The diff housings are whats different.

GTS 666

Sorry that's what I meant. How different are the housings? Could you use a MT /TT housing instead? As I have been holding off on a XB I can't compare them.

cordy

LightForce is right.I was the first one here to blow the rear diff. housing. Unfourntunately LightForce blew alot more rear diff. than me. I really havent poured the coal to my xb after the first misshap. I also sent my rear diff. housing to redcat for anaylis. I am quite shure a fix will be forthcomming. Perhaps 7075 can help us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts