• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rear chassis upgrade??

forist

Contributor
I have one set welded up going to grind them into shape tomorrow then they will be ready. I have been relay bizzy this week had to help my sister move and fix her car, not to mention reg work. Sry for the delay on making them up will have one set ready tomorrow and will make more this weekend.

forist

Contributor
I have one set Done Ill send it out to u Badboy2 to try them out and test them to see what u think. Ill drop them in the mail tomorrow let me know what u think. Keep in mind they are hand made :)

forist

Contributor
I used a hand grinder and cordless drill and my welder to make them. Getting a blade for my chop saw tomorrow will make cutting them alot easier and setting up a drill press to so making them will faster if anyone else would like some.

badboy2

forist said:
I have one set Done Ill send it out to u Badboy2 to try them out and test them to see what u think. Ill drop them in the mail tomorrow let me know what u think. Keep in mind they are hand made :)
got them the other day will try to install this saturday and hopefully if weather permits ill run them sunday..

forist

Contributor
Sorry but I havent had time to make any more yet. Will try to get more done this weekend waiting to see what badboy2 thinks of them. I would like to have a lil more testing on them before I sell any to anyone. Do not want to have unhappy peps that payed for them. I am trying to figure out a good price for them as well.

badboy2

i got them installed!i used a bigger screw for the tower and on the sides.. .if weather is good tomorrow,im gonna hit those jumps again..from the looks of them installed,they will help avoid the flex ..

badboy2

tried a tank today so far its good..and im thinkin that somethings there at least for protection ,so i feel a bit confident in doin jumps ..

badboy2

well i didnt have a bad landing to make serious damage but overall theyre holding up pretty good..i can say that it helps in preventing the flex ill prolly take it to the next level next weekend..

don, if u see those two extra holes by the 2 posts on the original chassis brace,those can be a good place for different version..maybe something that screws under the tank?

thanks don for letting me test them for u..ill do more testing in the coming weekend..im goin to hit that jump like its my last run .hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:

rob142sti

i took one long beam, recessed the mounts and bolted it up to the bottomw of the frame.. stiff as jenna jamesons next co-worker

badboy2

rob142sti said:
i took one long beam, recessed the mounts and bolted it up to the bottomw of the frame.. stiff as jenna jamesons next co-worker
show some pix...of the brace not the jennas coworker hehe

hamster huey

Forist thats what I was thinking only I cant weld so am looking for something to make the angles but is also strong. I don't think I can do it better than you. How much would yours be if you sell them. Forsit can you do the front too. Rob142sti can you post a pic of yours? I need to clear a slammed truck body and a side dom whatever route I go. I was also considering basically making a plate over the existing front and rear braces that ties into the center of the truck like the diffs mount, engine, etc, but I think that idea would suck to dissassemble and still might bend becuase it would be parallel to the bottom chassis which already bends.

Obeast44

Banned
Hamster , Forist has a set of braces for me. I have a slammed MT body and a side dom on my truggy conversion. Once I get them in I will post a pic of them mounted. From what I can tell there wont be any clearance issues whatsoever.

Also the aluminum top plate like you mention has been done, by Nepili, and it seemed to work. It will stiffen up the front chassis quite nicely. Once I get all my braces in I plan on makining my own as well.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=2325

Last edited by a moderator:

forist

Contributor
Here are the braces I just got them done front and rear. Easy to put on and take back off. I tried to keep them simple to reduce weight and space. Works with side Dom and stock body and stock rollcage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts