• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rampage x have wheel bearing problems

jeeper049687

my bearings went bad and i want to upgrade to mostly likely the 7075's holders, when funds are available in the front half of the month. but anyway went to the hobby store stock XT bearings were 1.59 each, went across the street to Bearings and drives. 58 cents each. should have gone there first. was wondering could someone tell me what size the bearings are in the MT, o and whats up with the versions? is this redcat making revisions to the product. i haven't seen any local XT's, or XB's with the 10mm wheel nuts yet just all the 6mm. o and both my servo's look different from the one's with 6mm axles. if they upgraded the axles, i wish the upgraded the hub bearings.

jeeper049687

ps. yea love the muffler idea. totaly melted the one rear corner of my xt body with it at stock hight, decided on heat shield and im going to run stacks up through the bed.

G

Redcat upgraded to the 10mm axle threads a while back. (last year) There are a lot of dealers, and I am sure some still have older inventory. If anyone is in the market for a X-series vehicle, I would recommend asking to make sure you are getting the latest version. Go back a few years and there were different MT versions for sale.

Deluge

jeeper049687 said:
my bearings went bad and i want to upgrade to mostly likely the 7075's holders, when funds are available in the front half of the month. but anyway went to the hobby store stock XT bearings were 1.59 each, went across the street to Bearings and drives. 58 cents each. should have gone there first. was wondering could someone tell me what size the bearings are in the MT, o and whats up with the versions? is this redcat making revisions to the product. i haven't seen any local XT's, or XB's with the 10mm wheel nuts yet just all the 6mm. o and both my servo's look different from the one's with 6mm axles. if they upgraded the axles, i wish the upgraded the hub bearings.
The MT has been through a few revisions. So has the X Series. The MT has bigger bearings, for example, the hub bearings are 12x24x6. They really should revise the hub design, but I guess they don't have to now, since 7075RC picked up the slack.

Deluge

jeeper049687 said:
ps. yea love the muffler idea. totaly melted the one rear corner of my xt body with it at stock hight, decided on heat shield and im going to run stacks up through the bed.
If you put aluminum tape on the inside of the body, it'll help prevent melting.

Ryneito

My rear bearings went out on me after a half a gallon of fuel and that's just street bashing. No jumping. Already received my 7075 hubs, just waiting for the bearings to show up. Deff a flaw in design by Redcat on those little bearings on a big car...This forum deff. helped me in identifying problems before or made me aware of what's to come...

G

They have to be done. I replace mine before I even break it in. I like having a reason to order 7075RC goodies :D

jeeper049687

would have been easy if there was such as thing as a 10X24X6 bearing. just slap those mt hubs on the xt and not worry about anything else. yep going to order the 7075 hubs.

BertR

In March i had wheel bearing failure so I ordered bearings from Large scale and 7075 wheel adapters and I am still running the same set of bearings thanks to Ol'Fart and his magic adapters

G

Much of the bearing failure has to do with over tightening the wheel nuts. It pulls the cup into the bearings adding to much latteral pressure. With wheel adapters that won't happen. The nut only pulls on the adapter.

G

That's why I do it before I run them. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts