• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT Tire Wobble issue....Help

Dragorus

I have a new Rampage MT v3. Fully broke it in and when driving straight on the road it has a front right tire wobble at mid to high throttle. I pulled the wheel and looked for any loose parts or hub issues and nothing. Only thing I can think of is the factory steering servo saver. is there any way to tighten that up a little or get some looseness out of the steering links?

G-Man

Man I can't believe nobody has replied. I will try to explain how I tackled the same issue. What it is the wheels/tires are out of balance. I removed one of the rear CVA axles and installed the end of a broken CVA into the bearings reattached the hub adapter to the broken CVA end and bolted the wheel back on. This left the tire just freewheel in the bearings. I spun the wheel and the heavy spot eventually came to the bottom. I marked the tire 180 degrees from the heavy spot then I cleaned the wheel with brake clean and installed stick on automotive weights to the inside of the wheel opposite of the heavy spot. I will tell you what if yours are anything like mine you will be amazed how much weight is needed to balance out. The least was a 1/2 ounce- the most was 1 3/4 ounces needed.

Mikev7

Mine wobbled. It was a lose screw at the bottom of the steering knuckle. It's hidden under the end of outer swing arm. As I said the steering knuckle pivots on it. They came lose and one fell out on mine.. put some lock tight on them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.