• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage mt or mt pro

Okay trying to choose which one to get rampage mt or the mt pro I've been doing research for 2days and with a $440 price difference what do you guys think I'm well knowledge around two stroke engines been around nitro been doing the hobby sine I was 7 any advice or opinions would help me decide thanks I'm looking for an all-around truck between the two.

RampageHopUps

The Pro is a all aluminum beast, that is made for those guys who don;t abuse their trucks. It is stronger, but sometimes you need a plstic part to break, instead of ripping off an entire suspension.

If you are going to be jumping or abusing your truck, I would suggest the basic model and upgrade when you break items.

Shoot me a PM if you want a price comparison from RampageHopUps.

designed2survive

All aluminum is not a good idea if you are planning on being hard on it, even a little!

The best use of aluminum in my opinion is to use it to reinforce and or replace key components that:

1- needs to be metal (example melting due to high heat)
2- would fail less of the time being aluminum instead of plastic
3- wilk reinforce the structural integrity of the car.

In an all aluminum car, bending and or breaking is guaranteed when ugly happens. Factor in the price of replacement aluminum parts and it could be way costly in the long run than having plastic ones.

My advice:

1- price a stock MT with the necessary aluminum parts added and compare it to the MT Pro price. If the Mt pro is cheaper or close to the same price, then you can go with the MT pro and remove all unnecessary aluminum parts and sale them to buy stock ones and make a little money while not sacrificing reliability.

2- If the Mt pro price is way higher, I would go with the stock one with appropriate aluminum upgrades.

Lastly, it's your truck at the end of the day. You are buying it to have fun, so you can buy the one that YOU want. If appearance and the cool "it's all aluminum" factor is important to you, do not neglect it in making your decision.

Good luck!

Grate advice not just for me but for anyone who's looking into both trucks I've place a order for two mt for the wife and I we Also looking at the xb and the dunerunner any input.

dalentx

i have the MT truck...i have the walbro 1107 carb...the DDM Dominator pipe an the TGN triple flow air filter...im gonna put a few of the aluminum parts on my truck just not all...i run the hell outta mine

Yeah I'm getting the MT I'm also thinking of picking up a dunerunner i know it share similar parts as the MT

Darack73

In my experience i wish i would have bought a Pro... instead. Then removed the upper A arm. And the aluminum body posts and replaced them with plastic. Ive spent alot of time and money searching around looking for the cheapest site to get the aluminum upgrades. Then wait for delivery. Then install then hope all is ok. If you can foot the bill on the Pro. Go pro.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts