• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT bashing

Stygian

Banned
Took the MT out this evening with my buddy he hasn't played with a 1/5th scale yet recorded a view videos ended up snapping the stock XB exhaust I had on it though lol but well worth it. At the end of the first video I flipped it first time flipping it so was a little excited lol.

here's a pic of the exhaust

a couple videos

[ame]

[/ame]
This video looks like it's sideways but it's been edited and rotated.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhFGVYNdtSk[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Stygian

Banned
Yeah we had a blast I notice something wrong with the axel but didn't care still played around wasn't going to let it stop is just didn't know it was as bad as it is the only bad part is I can't get the broken axel out the scew holding the adapter on is stripped

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Stygian

Banned
Yeah it was a nice opened grass soccer field same park just other side of the parking lot.

G

Did the cup on the axle stay intact? I've never seen one break off like that.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
Did the cup on the axle stay intact? I've never seen one break off like that.
Nope its all gone only thing still there was the dogbone it's self

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

G

Will the remains of the axle slide out the front of the bearing holder?

If it does it should be easy to grip the rest of the axle to loosen the set screw that holds the wheel hex pin.

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
Will the remains of the axle slide out the front of the bearing holder?If it does it should be easy to grip the rest of the axle to loosen the set screw that holds the wheel hex pin.
There is one little piece of the axel stopping it from sliding out, I'm going to try tomorrow to brake that piece off as it was too nice of a day today to stay inside that or I'm sure it can be hammered out without damaging the bearings, thanks for idea of pushing the axel out.

Stygian

Banned
Got the axel out, I took what rcdad suggested the first time in a pm and just pushed the pin that helps hold the adapter on out even though the set screw was stripped, it popped out with no problem at all and then one light tap with the hammer on the axel and it popped right out, this is great news should be up and running again in 30minutes.

Stygian

Banned
Ok it's all fixed and running again, here's a pic of the axel. I am keeping this busted axel cause I don't know how the hell it broke because that's one thick piece of metal

rampagemt

Did the pin work its way out on the cvd hitting anything....that woulda snapped that

Stygian

Banned
rampage idiot said:
Cool vids bummer on the axle but as we all no these things happen!
honestly I am glad something broke I truely enjoy working on them more than driving them and once again rc dad was big help on suggestions on fixing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts