• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage body strengthening?

countstevula

Contributor
I was thinking about possible ways to strengthen a Rampage MT body....I have one coming from Rob next month and want ideas to make it more durable. I have some mesh drywall tape I will put on the inside of the body such as was recommended by someone on the forum. I also picked up a can of the spray in truck bed liner material. Was thinking of spraying it over the mesh drywall tape on the inside. Besides making the body heavier, thought it might protect it from heat damage a little bit since I will be using an X-can with about 3-4" stingers and don't want the body to warp. Any thoughts/experience on this?

Heavy Chevy

I'd use tuck tape on the inside, It's super sticky. I'd then spray a thin layer of foam, but not the super expanding foam.....just the not so expanding foam.

I havn't tried this stuff yet but that's what's been rolling around in the back of my head

iwik76

i gave my new shell 4/5 coats of clear plasti-dip (spraycan) on the outside and 3 coats on the inside.. i used two thirds of a can @ £15 per can.. the shell feels alot more durable and it also gave the windows a frosted look.. i run a cpi so i glued some heat sheild to the rear end of the shell. So far so good..

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/iwik76/Shell.jpg

yolonda21

Contributor
countstevula said:
thanks for the responses guys, I may still try my method just because I haven't seen it done yet. I will post pics when I do it.
Good luck with that............. :D

PISTOL PETE

duct tape inside( esp under the body mount holes). and a piece of styro foam between the roll cage and the roof of the body. should stop a light roll from destroying it. take it off if your bashing.

rpking

What would fiberglass resin and that cloth stuff work like (the crap that bodyshop guys use on real cars) if you put a coating on the inside of a body after paint, do ya think the body would just break and crumble anyway and fall of the junk that ya put on the inside?

krashkrieg

Contributor
There's threads in other RC forums about using Fiberglass...If done correctly it will really reinforce the body well...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts