• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project Ole Country

countrygnome

This is a story about a Old truck who has been there and done that. When he was a wee lil ole pickup, he had a great owner his name was Evildomain. From the momet Evil had him he fed and gave him fuel to survive. They where the best of friends, they went everywhere together. Well the lil pick up was growing so evil bough thim new kicks, new hats, and when this lil pickup broke a bone, evil replaced it with something better. So the lil pickup finally grew up and was driven by evil all over the place, on streets, dirt and threw water, but one day evil deceided the truck and him should part ways, for why...the world may never know! So evil sold him off.

The truck wasnt happy about this but he had a new owner, whom wasnt as nice as evil was, the first time he met his new owner he fed him stale fuel and it made him run around in a fog for months. During this time he fell and broke limbs again but this time they where not replaced with better stuff, in fact some where'nt replace just zip tied or bailing wired together. Poor thing never got a bath or the detailed attention the evil gave him. So one day the bad owner deceided to sell him cuz he needed money for his thumbtack collection.

Truck wasnt very happy at all, being traded off for thumbtacks, what a insult. Truck also thought this new person can't be as bad as the last thats for sure. So into a bow and threw the mail truck went, he was so nervous he leaked gas on the box. He felt so sad for evil had trained him not to. Truck wasnt sure how long he had been in the box but it was a really bumpy ride, and then he heard a loud thump and he was being moved once more but this time it was a smooth and quiet ride and in the background he heard the sweetest sounds, later he learned it was Santana and the song was Europa. It was his new favorite song, it was so relaxing and sounded so good.

Then all the sudden a brightlight apperaed, as he opened his broken and bandaged headlights hecould see it was this older new guy. He said " Hi and welcome to your new home, just call me gnome". He place me gently on this soft rug because the last guy jerked my arms and legs off to fit me in a box, that wasnt very nice at all. So there truck sat, the gnomewas putting his arms and legs back on so he could roll around, because truck had gained a few lbs. Gnome seems nice truck thought. He even talked to truck, telling him he would fix him back up. Truck seemsd very happay about this, he had some bruises and a cpl broken bones he needed tending to. Truck also had bad gas, stunk very bad and truck was so fithy. So the gnome looked over truck and wanted to see if truck could move,so some fresh fuel and a quick look over out they went, gnome even carried truck outside and set him down nicely. So truck deceided to be good and run and show his new owner what he could do.

So the ole gnome strated tickling trucks back and up he starts, but truck had been drinking bad fuel so he farted up a storm and stunk till some thenew fuel got in him. But truck couldnt escape the sound coming from his rear end...truck had hemroid's..... that was gonna have to get fixed he thought. So truck said ok I got about 10 min in me before I blow a gasket or worse. So gnome is putting around and then 10 min mark comes around so truck is waiting patiantly to be turned off for rest but that isnt happening so truck says I will teach him to disrespect my authority! I will run away.....hahahahahahah:eek: he cant catch me now lol...cough....cough well trucks motor ran out of fuel so truck and the ole gnome headed inside. Ole gnome was on this shiny thing that had words and apicture and I even saw apicture of other trucks like me. I don't know what was said cuz all he saw was fingers hitting something and a video of other trucks here and there. Well this is when gnome turned to me and said buddy Im a give you a new life and rebuild you back to your glory days . Truck was so very excited.

So truck was dissasmebled to be rebuilt as thetough truck he used to be. Meanwhile the truck was dreaming of the old days with evil....... But he new all his parts where being stripped down and degreased, cleaned, shined up and what needed replaced would be replaced. Truck was very happy and as he drifted off tosleep he dreamt of driving threw the streets once more, jumping stuff and flying threw the air andmost importantly being in a house where he would be taking care of...............

Stay tuned for more about " Truck" who later gets a name.........

Last edited by a moderator:

countrygnome

++++++WARNING SOME SCENES ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNGER FOLKS< CONTAINS NUDITY,DARK HUMOR AND EXPLICIT LANGUAGE++++++

Here I snuck a peek at truck's body before he when into the bath...

++++++++AGAIN ADULT CONTENT PLEASE BE ADVISED++++

:eek: :eek: :eek:

IMG_2149.jpg

countrygnome

And here are all his body part's now please be warned there is dirty content, lubes, oils and well just .....

IMG_2145-1.jpg

and more shots of parts all tore down

IMG_2144-1.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

countrygnome

You know I just read what I wrote again and I am a odd duck

Well I intended to have a reviving from the past/dead theme mixed with a ole country boy thing going in here. I had a dream of how and what I am gonna do with my truck and well its differant but so am I. Its not gonna be a super fast build because I'm really wanting to learn everything I can about this rig and I just want a nice durable truck. Its not gonna have alot that bling stuff thats for you city folks, jk, lol. But we will see where it leads, we all know projects can take a live of thier own

hamster huey

Ive been there w/ a pile of parts like that. Once a year 2 rampages. And later once or twice a year 2 engines down to the long block head, piston, and sometimes crank. i hate pulling off flywheels. I appreciate how easy the Rampage dissassembly is because not all gasolines are easy like these.

The engines come out of these with just 5 bolts and a linkage removal. So easy!!

countrygnome

countstevula said:
haha.....I like that santana song too
you should be a creative writer/novel author
if i reveiled me true identidy then...........

I'd be lol, no seriously though I have always been able to just fly off the handle out of nowhere with things like this but even better. I actually start school tomorrow. I am taking creative writing, english , literature and a typing class. Full time student here. I actually want to be a writer. Spent my time in the army so I have lots free time and I actually have 4 books here i need published but thats all in good time.

Hamster Huey-- This was my first tear down and its piece cake, taking things apart is easy,most the time. I am try to get a compiled parts list and then see what the grand total of busted and worn stuff is before i order them. I saw a roller in the b/s/ section if thats cheaper then parts i need well I may buy that instead.Then id have back up parts. Idk yet, I finally got everything cleaned and degreased and I am about to order a gasket kit I believe thats what evil said for the motor. Will need to dbl check but its all cleans as it can get...Poor truck suffered from neglect but i hope to breathe life back into it.....

racetruck

Well your truck don't look to bad put a set of lower arms on a tuned pipe some stainless screws to replace the rusty ones looks like the shocks have been upgraded to hpi 6mm shafts just need to rebuild the motor and good to go and a little clean up and a body and you will be readly to go :eek:

countrygnome

Your word's flow like hot knife threw butter....

Also found my rear diff cases are cracked where the crews go in I will try to get a pic up.

I also just learned that I should upgrade to a v3 chassis so it will be easier to replace diffs.

My diff cases are useable but faulty, no sense using them, even though the rc nut in me thinks run em till they break

lightning73

Good luck with this project. It will be interesting to see how the story unfolds...lol

Keep us posted on the progress!

countrygnome

countstevula said:
does anyone make aluminum diff cases?
found this beauty

http://www.thenitrorcshop.com/shop/050060-gear-box-aluminum/?st=shopp&s=050060

I have been quite busy and really wanted toget some things posted. Here are those cracked diff pic's

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

So I will most likey upgrade my chassis to v3 so I can get the v3 case's. Seem's to be the wiser choice i think...

Im hoping tomorrow I will be able to place my order for part's. Just another step closer for truckto be back on the trails again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts