• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Problems starting

Giff44

Ok so i was having trouble getting my dunerunner to start. Put a new plug in it and it fired up finally with about 3 pulls. Ran it and it ended up dying and now it will not start at all. What are the factory carburetor setting so i can maybe try it again.

G-Man

Ok so i was having trouble getting my dunerunner to start. Put a new plug in it and it fired up finally with about 3 pulls. Ran it and it ended up dying and now it will not start at all. What are the factory carburetor setting so i can maybe try it again.
Vent your fuel system. You can try to crack the fuel cap when it does that till you get to the venting mod of your choice. Mine would bog down on acceleration big time, I cracked the cap and reinstalled and it ran great.

Phill

Factory is 1 + 1/4 low and 1 + 1/2 high but if it runs well try the fuel cap first

Tim

Lean your low end out 1/4 turn n give it another try. Thats what i did. Mine wouldn,t start either out of the box.

Tim

Lean your low end out 1/4 turn n give it another try. Thats what i did. Mine wouldn,t start either out of the box.
I didnt do anything with the fuel cap. It was just too rich, even with an ngk plug. My kid figured it out for me!!

I would still recommend venting the gas tank. Snappy rc fuel vent kit from ddm racing.

Tim

I went out to burn my last tank of breakin gas n broke the steering servo. Im going to a hitec 5765 i hope it fits!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts