• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Potential New Products?

Silent_chaos

I really want to thank you for making parts that will make the car tougher and help us overcome issues. Really Top notch products.

Would you consider producing the below?

-Front upper plate

-New design bigger Battery box with Easy access/easy charge

-and that whole plastic area that is found on top of the steering servo (altho this would be mostly for cosmetic purposes)

-and maybe heat treated CVDs that a lot of people were asking

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Potential New ProductsAn aluminum servo top plate (radio tray), imo, is way more than cosmetic. It will stiffen the front portion of the frame by tying the center diff mount, servo mount, and front plate together. Would like to see this added to 7075's items. Pics included of a plate I hacked out of 6061. Also made the radio tray support of alum (the black piece in photo #7450, as well as the post that sits under the roll cage where it bolts thru the radio tray. View attachment 7450 View attachment 7451 View attachment 7452

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1771.JPG

/monthly_2014_08/IMG_1783.JPG.ca5aca5b4ab364a3cd3c43f50e18415d.JPG

/monthly_2014_08/IMG_1780.jpg.81fd3cc7f008d129e8fbc9142fa58c8f.jpg

/monthly_2014_08/IMG_1771.JPG.bcfa34dd94e7a9412261f29b8fee178a.JPG

Silent_chaos

timberbill11 said:
An aluminum servo top plate (radio tray), imo, is way more than cosmetic. It will stiffen the front portion of the frame by tying the center diff mount, servo mount, and front plate together. Would like to see this added to 7075's items. Pics included of a plate I hacked out of 6061. Also made the radio tray support of alum (the black piece in photo #7450, as well as the post that sits under the roll cage where it bolts thru the radio tray.

View attachment 7450

View attachment 7451

View attachment 7452
That's awesome man. Great job. Come to say it's true what you said, id love to see this added to 7075 list. Same goes to quarter scale giant servo mounts

Ol' fart

Nice work Timberbill 11. And some good idea's/ projects. I'm a little busy right now but it's good to know what you'all are interested in. Just finished a chassis upgrade for the Losi 5ive that you will soon be hearing about on some other forums. I am surprised at the low sales of the redcat chassis. It really is a nice upgrade but I guess it's too pricey.

rampage idiot

Ol said:
Nice work Timberbill 11. And some good idea's/ projects. I'm a little busy right now but it's good to know what you'all are interested in. Just finished a chassis upgrade for the Losi 5ive that you will soon be hearing about on some other forums. I am surprised at the low sales of the redcat chassis. It really is a nice upgrade but I guess it's too pricey.
For this game and the money we sink into our rides I do not think your chassis is over priced for what you are getting, Luv mine!

Ol' fart

xscrick said:
a new front top plate without the a -arm mount for the xb/xt so I can run a tie rod for the arm instead of the arm itself,, like a losi
This is a good idea. Who would want to see this come out?

Ol' fart

Silent_chaos said:
Me. Sign me up for a combo. And by a-arm we are talking about the front upper arm correct?
OK. I'll start on it and let you know when it's ready.

Ol' fart

Ya, they would hang below the rest of the chassis. What's the problem? did you bend one?

REVOlutionary Rampage

Ol said:
I have sleeves for the drive cups. is the rest of the drive train OK? ( I don't owe one so help me out here)
It works well but like anything could be improved upon. Tougher dogbones, pins, and drive cups, could be a start. A stronger alternative to the stock aluminum frame or at least bracing for it. Any alternative to having to buy the same part from Redcat you broke 6x before. Etc.... The truck is pretty indestructible but you find the flaws quick.

Silent_chaos

Ol said:
Ya, they would hang below the rest of the chassis. What's the problem? did you bend one?
Bent a bit from the droop screw location. The droop screws are just hanging on the far side of their location on the plate, that triangular area is bent.

So thicker plates front/rear and slightly bigger triangular droop screw section.

I'll email you the pics and explain once you finish with top plate and top arms so that i get them all in one order.

Silent_chaos

Ol said:
Ya, I would love some pix. This is a first so, how big was the rock?
Not from a rock. But I think it's due to creep. That triangular region is not straight as it should be. Really Not that much of a major issue, just 2 or 3 degrees bent downwards from the rest of the plate.

The droop screws are exorting some kind of a stress there. And on my truck it's a must to keep the nose down since I have MT shocks installed.

Not sure if you can see it from here, but just checked with a ruler and it's not straight.

Ol' fart

Can't see it but I believe you. You must have very stiff front suspension to do that. Is it bending the same on both sides?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts