• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

pipe noise

slofyr

Does anyone know if a quiet muffler is made for the Chimera SR, or of one that is adaptable?

RampageHopUps

The stock HPI 5T can is very quiet. It won;t have the performance of a tuned pipe, but its a good match.

G

Quieter???? That's my favorite sound. :D

slofyr

RCDAD said:
...Quieter???? That's my favorite sound. :D
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Because of the growing anger over leaf blower noise and resulting regulations in urban and suburban areas, I need to find a good muffler. One suggestion I've heard too many times is to go electric, but there's magic with internal combustion and I love the smell of pre-mix in the morning. ;)

G

The HPI can is quieter. You can also add silicon tube to the exhaust stinger and run it to the ground. It works great for noise suppression.

mattjk

I added a 1/8th t-maxx style twin muffler to the end of the stock pipe, so I can drive it around my neighborhood. top end is about the same but much quieter.

I'll post a pic later

G

Very clean install. Fits nice in the rear cage. Looks factory. Looks like the pipe that comes on the X-series trucks.

Mycbr6rr

mwilsonjr

RCDAD said:
The HPI can is quieter. You can also add silicon tube to the exhaust stinger and run it to the ground. It works great for noise suppression.
I think you posted a thread on where you could buy the silicone hose on line

G

2ply connector. Just pick one with the ID close in size to your pipes OD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts