• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Pin not fitting through front knuckles

whittron

Wonder if anyone else had this issue?pin that goes through front a arm and knuckles would go in 3/4 and then stop on both,finally had to dremmel them out a bit to get the pin through.

G

I've got a couple sets. No problems. Maybe just a little thick on the anodizing.

whittron

Ya thats what i thought at first,buthad to take the dremmel to them twice and they were still tight,almost looked like when the hole was bored out it left a little ring inside were the pin goes,and they were like that on both of mine so im sure someone else is going to run in to the same problem.

G

It might have just been a unique issue. If anyone has any issue with them don't hesitate to send a pm. They have great customer service!

whittron

Its not that big of a deal,defantley not sending them all the way back to Sanfran when i can fix it myself,i will send him a pm,was just wondering if anyone else had the same issues,and by the way were is the chassis and gearplate thought they were going to be up on the website yesterday.

G

He had to go camera shopping, read the manual, install the memory, charge it up, take the photo, upload it, and finally post it. That's a lot of work for a Sunday afternoon when you could be out running the cars.... LOL

Ol' fart

RCDAD said:
He had to go camera shopping, read the manual, install the memory, charge it up, take the photo, upload it, and finally post it. That's a lot of work for a Sunday afternoon when you could be out running the cars.... LOL
Ya, and before you start, lay down 400 sq ft of hardwood floors.....

Long weekend but I got it done. The Chassis and the gear plates are on the site, up for sale. It was late at night and two scotch's down so ignore the spelling AND descriptions. I will edit soon.

When we sandblast the parts sometimes the edge gets rolled over into the hole creating a lip. We remove the lip when we see them with an X-acto knife. Takes about 2 seconds. We have sold hundreds, if not thousands of parts with no complaints until now.

We will implement a 100% inspection program by inserting a pin into every hole in every parts to make sure this does not happen again. Expecting are customers to spend even 2 seconds on a part is just wrong.

G

+1

Just Great!

whittron

Ol said:
Ya, and before you start, lay down 400 sq ft of hardwood floors.....Long weekend but I got it done. The Chassis and the gear plates are on the site, up for sale. It was late at night and two scotch's down so ignore the spelling AND descriptions. I will edit soon.

When we sandblast the parts sometimes the edge gets rolled over into the hole creating a lip. We remove the lip when we see them with an X-acto knife. Takes about 2 seconds. We have sold hundreds, if not thousands of parts with no complaints until now.

We will implement a 100% inspection program by inserting a pin into every hole in every parts to make sure this does not happen again. Expecting are customers to spend even 2 seconds on a part is just wrong.
ya not a big deal but defantly wasnt just rolled over,took a minute with the dremmel to get it right,just figured i would let you know,other then that the parts are sweet,if it wasnt for these parts i wouldnt even own a redcat so keep up the good work and hurry up on that chassis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts