• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Part# 50024 Upgrade Needed

ChuenouXiao

If only there is a titanium or steel part upgrade for this part... I would pay for it. Price does not matter. Just as long as its not over $100 :D And its guaranteed to last forever :D

G

I haven't stripped any like that yet, but I have broke a clutch shaft (4 pin style).

-

4e9a1433.jpg

G

Part# 50024 Upgrade NeededIf only there is a titanium or steel part upgrade for this part... I would pay for it. Price does not matter. Just as long as its not over $100 And its guaranteed to last forever
Not yet...

Its not a part that has to be replaced too often. Luckily there very inexpensive.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Just Loctite it.
I did Deluge, I use blue... maybe I didn't tighten it 100%? Who knows.... but maybe I should use red loctite or more of the blue loctite instead?

G

Make sure your set screws are hitting on the flats of the shaft only. On mine the set screws were catching the front edge a bit. I dremeled the flat a bit larger.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I did Deluge, I use blue... maybe I didn't tighten it 100%? Who knows.... but maybe I should use red loctite or more of the blue loctite instead?
You can use a bit more blue. But like I said, the modified engines put a beating on the drivetrain. Combine that with your driving style, and you're bound to eat some parts.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Make sure your set screws are hitting on the flats of the shaft only. On mine the set screws were catching the front edge a bit. I dremeled the flat a bit larger.
You got a pic of how you dremel it? :D

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
You can use a bit more blue. But like I said, the modified engines put a beating on the drivetrain. Combine that with your driving style, and you're bound to eat some parts.
Yea.... :( If only Redcat fix this..... it would be nice.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Catching the front edge Rcdad? You mean the corner of the flat? So far I have made sure I loctite the set screw and tighten them to the the flat. I even use longer set screws so its harder for the set screw to back up :D So far its good but it looks like my gear for my belt is already wobbling a bit. First sign of beating and stress from my motor. I think what contribute to these striping is the high power motor and the constant breaking of the car. Back and forth and then it will strip. How did you make the flat larger? Got a pic of the dremel head tool you use?

If this is going to be a common replacement... looks like I will have to stock a lot of this part :(

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Maybe when I replace this part, I can use a dremel to make the falt more dramatic.... deeper? So its harder for the part to strip? Make sense huh?

G

I mean where the flat stops towards the threaded end of the shaft. I used a cutoff wheel on the dremel. I can snap a pic if you need.

The wobble you mention is on the brake hub shaft, correct? That is caused by the two piece lay shaft. We are hoping that the new 7075RC gear plate helps to eliminate this. It has an extra bearing on the back side of the gear plate for that shaft.

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Maybe when I replace this part, I can use a dremel to make the falt more dramatic.... deeper? So its harder for the part to strip? Make sense huh?
That's what I did. I ground a small dent into it. Luckily those shafts are inexpensive.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I mean where the flat stops towards the threaded end of the shaft. I used a cutoff wheel on the dremel. I can snap a pic if you need. The wobble you mention is on the brake hub shaft, correct? That is caused by the two piece lay shaft. We are hoping that the new 7075RC gear plate helps to eliminate this. It has an extra bearing on the back side of the gear plate for that shaft.
Yes, the gear on that shaft is wobbling (When I said gear I'm talking about the gear that holds the belt on that shaft, where the gear is set screw onto the shaft where the threads are at). I do understand that the hub shaft can wobble too on the pinion gear side where the crown gear is attached to the pinion :D

Oh... so that is up with the 7075 plate huh? So I read about it, there is a light version and both of them come with bearing on the lay shaft of the opposite side right? I hope the 7075 plate is not too soft for a gear plate?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
That's what I did. I ground a small dent into it. Luckily those shafts are inexpensive.
I wish I know what you mean by a dent Rcdad :D a X dent? A dimple dent? Make the flat more dramatic dent? :D sorry... nooby question :D You made a small dent with a cut off wheel?

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Yes, the gear on that shaft is wobbling (When I said gear I'm talking about the gear that holds the belt on that shaft where the gear is set screw onto the shaft). I do understand that the hub shaft can wobble too :D Oh... so that is up with the 7075 plate huh? So I read about it, there is a light version and both of them come with bearing on the lay shaft of the opposite side right? I hope the 7075 plate is not too soft for a gear plate?
It's not soft. It is machined from 7075 aluminum. That's stronger than 6061. Im not even sure if the Redcat aluminum is as strong as US 6061.

G

ChuenouXiao said:
I wish I know what you mean by a dent Rcdad :D a X dent? A dimple dent? Make the flat more dramatic dent? :D sorry... nooby question :D You made a small dent with a cut off wheel?
Just any will do. Nothing special. It just helps keep the set screw in one place. Any dremel tip that will leave a low spot will work.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
It's not soft. It is machined from 7075 aluminum. That's stronger than 6061. Im not even sure if the Redcat aluminum is as strong as US 6061.
Wow :D So its a must get then.... so base on my understand the main advantage of the 7057 plate is the bearing on the other side of the plate near the pinion gear and the light weight design? I might get one...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts