• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Painting parts

DanSpd

I will be starting to mode my tt a bit even tho it's v2.

And first I would like to pain parts. Thus include aluminum and plastic ones.

About aluminum. Do I have to de-anodize them before painting or can I just pain them over?

And for plastic ones do I have to cover them before painting or can I just buy spray pain for plastic and just spray it?

Thanks

pipeous

I personally wouldn't paint. The plastic parts you would be better off getting a spray dye, like used to change autmotive interiors. It will soak into the plastic some as well. painting looks good when new but as soon as it chips, or the part flexes and paint falls off, it looks ghetto. same with the aluminum.

aluminum parts you can just buy some powder coat stuff and do them in an old toaster oven

rob64n

Contributor
I'm gonna send mine out to be anodized min price is 90 dollars and i don't have enough parts to fill the job i am going to do two colorsand one is purple so if you want to help a lil on cost and i'm not asking for half of the cost but maybe 35 dollars should be about it and maybe shipping back to you if your interested

fat49f1

Contributor
I have the market cornered on purple, :D :D:D Looks blue in the pics but its a purple pearl.And i am under no dilusions that the paint on the outside of the chassis is going to stay on there long. Thats why i took lots of pictures,lol.

IMG_2559.jpg

/monthly_2010_11/IMG_2559.jpg.5b28e73438ff84b85a0c7dbcb2e07ba9.jpg

fat49f1

Contributor
rob64n said:
I'm gonna send mine out to be anodized min price is 90 dollars and i don't have enough parts to fill the job i am going to do two colorsand one is purple so if you want to help a lil on cost and i'm not asking for half of the cost but maybe 35 dollars should be about it and maybe shipping back to you if your interested
Hey rob when are you doing it , i have another chassis plate i would love to get annod.

rob64n

Contributor
Well i'm not real sure. i have a few things goin on but i wasn't sure if i was going to get it done before summer was out or save it for a fall. money is a lil snug next two weeks but after that should be better chance

fat49f1

Contributor
rob64n said:
Well i'm not real sure. i have a few things goin on but i wasn't sure if i was going to get it done before summer was out or save it for a fall. money is a lil snug next two weeks but after that should be better chance
Let me know ,believe me i know all to well the money thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts