• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Painting MT Body

Rc-Rookie

So I am ready to paint my MT body and I see that the clear body looks bubbly kind of is there some kind of film that's on the body that I have to peel off before painting or is there already a over spray film on the outside I peel of after or what? I tried to see if I can get anything to peel up but I can't get nothing to peel up and I am using a utility knife and cutting at the body and I am getting nothing to come up.

G

There is normally a overspray film on the outside. That will get peeled off after your done painting. You just need to wash the inside with some dish detergent before you paint. You want to wash out any mold release that might still exist before you paint.

cherryride

my MT body came with no film on it and had water spot looking marks all over it.

i just bought a new body from after market company and used it.the grafil sc body RCDAD has on sale fits and looks great on mine.

Rc-Rookie

Looks good. I keep picking at the body and can't seem to get no film to come up and looks like water spots all over the body I guess I didn't get a film with mine.

rcgasser

Hva you tried washing it? and still see bubbles? If it does not have any over spray film you can just tape plastic to the outside of the body to catch any over spray.

rcgasser

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts