• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Opinions about XB

sawsrinath

Hello,

I'm new to this forum as well as gasoline RC. I'm looking for gas buggy under $600. I have looked at amainhobbies and found the rampage xb. But I found some bad reviews(on amazon etc) and most of them are at least 2 years old. So I would appreciate if you guys can share your experience with me.

Actually $600 too much for me. And also if i buy I, still have to pay taxes and custom duties. I want to know about how durability this buggy is. Also I want to know where can I buy quality parts if broke something(I cannot offered too much for maintenance).

By the way, xb is out of stock on amainhobbies.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Srinath

Wayne

If you want a 1/5 scale gas vehicle you are going to spend a minimum of $1000 sooner than later. I have an XB and a XT, both of which will require upgrades very quickly, possibly before you finish the first tank of gas. I enjoy both vehicles and think they are good choices if you are trying to get the most value for your dollar. The Red Cat MT is a little more expensive but more durable and will not require upgrades as quickly.

sawsrinath

I'm thinking about xb buggy. You mean it's stock parts are not good. If yes what are parts which will broke more quickly?

Wayne

The exhaust pipe will probably go before you finish your first tank of gas. The next problem will more than likely be both servos and the plastic transmission plate. All four axle carries and the rear Diff. cover often need replacing also, especially if you do any upgrades to add horse power to the vehicle. I am not sure but the axle carries may have been upgraded. There is a vendor on this site, "7075", that sells excellent upgrades. They are pricey but top quality and drop in fit. His parts are better than the Red Cat parts, especially the aluminum upgrades.

chapinb

The redcat rampage series is a great foundation, with cheap parts. In addition to what's been mentioned, I'll add bearings are not great.

You'll need another 200$ for upgrades almost out the box. 400 in upgrades will get you a very solid vehicle.

How is parts support there? If you need to wait 3 weeks for a part, will you keep playing? Is hsp or hpi easily available there? They both carry the rampage line up under a different name.

If 600 is over your limit, maybe used? Or maybe 5th scale isn't in the cards yet. You can build a very nice 1/8 truck for that same 600.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts