• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

OBR for MT and other ?'s

rcguy5

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and have searched over and over for certain info. here and elsewhere. I figured this would be the best place to start for my MT. I have found some info. but not all of it and am still unsure since some of it is outdated and not sure if it applies to V3.

I have a brand new MT V3 that I will be upgrading before I drive it. Will an OBR engine bolt right in place of the stock or would I have to transfer anything? I have narrowed pipes down to two, the jetpro rear exhaust pipe and CPI, which of the two would be better for this truck with the OBR prostock 30.5cc?

I will also upgrade the radio and servos to most likely Hitec 5755 and 5645. Do I need to or should I boil the a-arms as suggested on earlier versions? I will be mainly bashing and want to know what else should be changed or modded before I run the truck. Do the drive cups need reinforcing and or cup boots with grease?

Lastly, who makes a steel roll cage for the MT or steel roll bar as I have not been able to find any. I did see an HBZ roll bar that is not on their site now.

Any sugestions would be appreciated even outside of what I have asked.

Thanks,

Mike

Chief409

An OBR engine should bolt right in. I have one of their Pro Port 30.5 engines I'll be putting in the Dune Runner soon I get my Home Brew Exhaust tweaked on the stock HY. Go to the OBR site if you want good answers. Sean is quick to reply.

I've been bashing without doing anything to the arms, which are the same. Do upgrade the servos, upgrade the radio if you wish. I have a bunch of Traxxas cars I run, so I'm using the TQi system in the DR. One TX with an attached iPod, many cars, less to tote around. Works with a Killer Bee kill switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

Welcome to the forum.redcat makes an aluminum roll cage i have one not bad for rollovers.but if u want steel its gotta be custom made.any good rc motor will fit.i have gizmo 30.5 4bolt zen and its fits no problem.no need to boil arms like chief said.and yes the diff. Cups should be tempered and sleeved if u want a stronger drive train and cup boots with grease r a good idea.hope this helps u out...

rcguy5

Thanks guys for the quick replies, do I need a CY style clutch and bell for the MT or will the zenoah clutch and bell work as well.

Which drive cup boots fit the MT and if you don't mind, how to temper the cups.

Mike

Chief409

Clutches are 54mm dia. for both. Difference between the clutches is the dia of the mounting bolts, 8mm for the CY/HY, 9mm for the Zen. I plan to use the stock bell with the Pro Port, touch it up with emery paper to clean up any glaze. Easy to do, run the emery paper from the front to the edge of the bell, try to leave a spiral. That way the clutch shoes have something to grab. Did that on flywheels when I was racing and didn't have the bucks to send a flywheel out to get it resurfaced. 427 ci with a 4-speed and never had a problem.

Cbou434

I have OBR 30.5cc 8.4hp stroker. It was a direct bolt up. Call OBR and tell them it's for an MT and they can give you good advice and what to order.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts