• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

No More Loose Exhausts

pwaicon

I posted this on another forum and thought I would post it hear also. I have read where a few members have experienced exhausts coming loose. Since doing this I have not had an exhaust come loose. What I do is drill some holes in your exhaust bolts, install as usual, and then run wire through the holes. It is simple, very effective, and easily removed.

View attachment 999 View attachment 1000 View attachment 1001

Piranha2

Contributor
You know, it's fun to go out and beat the snot out of your rig, but that only lasts so long (unless you bring a BIG gas can). I think part of the enjoyment in this hobby is just wrenching on your rig. Take for instance today, I had a "WONDERFUL" time drilling out my exhaust bolts with a 9.6v cordless drill with low batteries and "5" dull bits. Aww, it was probably the best TWO hours of my life :mad: But thanks for the great idea and if you guys own drillpresses........keep it to yourself, I'm still a little SORE :mad:

Piranha2

Contributor
Hey Pipe, this drill doesn't have the power to go thru a finger.......but last night I was trying to drill a piece of metal for my lights and the bit caught and spun the metal in my hand :eek: ......I'm really not stupid, I just do stupid things!

kirkhayes37

If you guys have ever raced sportbikes or been in the pits at a sportbike race, the AMA requires racers to have ALL the critical bolts wire-tied like you pictured above, but with approved wire-tie wire. More for safety on sportbikes. But would work on problematic loosening bolts on RC cars as well.

Anyway, good idea to keep your exhaust bolts from backing out. Yep drill press and good drill bits are pretty much necessary.

flint mann

They do sell pre drilled bolts just for such purposes a little more expensive then drilling your own but much easier on the hands and fingers!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts