• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New to the game

Bellipotens

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself to all of you. Have been reading the forum and love the amount of information I have learned from all of you! I'm still a total noob in the R/C arena.

I just purchased an Exceed Barca 30cc (Redcat Dunerunner). Some of the upgrades that I added are as follows:

Tune components:

1. HPI Air Filter Set Baja

2. Air filter prefilter by outerwear

3. Pullstart outerwear cover

4. Outerwears Shroud Cover

5. Steel Gear Set for Dunerunner

6. LED buggy light kit

Accessories:

Quaggies dirt bag

I have been reading a lot of the threads and am definitely overwhelmed by the amount of stuff some of the guys here have done to their DR's... total respect to all of you! :cool:

I know there are threads about this (I have read them) but I was hoping you guys can help me add some good things to upgrade on the Barca (aka Dunerunner), links to sites where to purchase the item would be greatly appreciated! :)

Which to pick for: Servos (hitec and what part#), which kill switch, which 8k clutch... etc etc

Also what does it mean to vent the tank? wb 990? xcan? lipo conversion? velocity stack?

Also what do you have to say about these:

MT / Dune Runner Belt Drive Kit with Solid 7075RC Plate

http://www.rcpitstop.net/belt-drive.html

Vertigo 24mm Hubs w/nuts

http://www.vertigoperformance.com/~vertigo6/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=317

Sorry for being such a noob guys ;)

Thanks for any help!

G

Yep the Dune a Runner is a different platform. The DR is larger.

You can see the differences.

This is the Dune Runner

Yours

Last edited:
G

For servos I like the Hitec 5765 for steering and the 5685 for throttle/brake. They do great when run of a 2s lipo.

The 990 is a great carb.

You only need a stack to run some air filters.

We have had great luck with that belt drive kit on the Redcats.

Bellipotens

Still many parts do looks similar. The dunerunner does not look that much larger...

do you have a link to the thread about the exceed barca or have any suggestions where to go to look for parts?

So what would your suggestion be about the parts for the Barca then?

G

A lot of guy do replace parts with the Redcat parts. Redcat has far better parts support.

G

The clutches are pretty much the same I've never had any worse than the other.

For the kill switch it depends what your after. If you just want a decent remote kill switch ours or the Ramtech works great.

If you want more features like lights, buzzers or a shot at getting a Spektrum radio to work with it, then the killer bee might be better.

RampageHopUps

Bellipotens said:
Still many parts do looks similar. The dunerunner does not look that much larger...do you have a link to the thread about the exceed barca or have any suggestions where to go to look for parts?

So what would your suggestion be about the parts for the Barca then?
There won;t be a thread about the differences. Notice the name of the forum. NitroRCX will have the parts, and if you can tell they are the same, then match them up with the Redcat cousin.

Mycbr6rr

WELCOME and I have heard good things about the belt drive systems ,I have a friend with the Dunerunner and he put a belt drive on his and he loves it he told me it is better to have if your going to be jumping a lot

Ildy666

Welcome to the forum..venting the tank prevents vapor lock which would make ur buggy stall out.in the gas cap there is a hole for vent but its not enuff. so many people just drill it out larger and install a small nipple with a piece of fuel line to allow it to vent properly.Its an easy hop up that should be done ...

Bellipotens

Thanks guys for all of the tips. Ill post up pictures and some vids once I have everything running (Early January 2014)

Once again, if anyone else has some tips on upgrades or other additions for this noob here I will greatly appreciate it! :)

One more thing... might sound extremely amateur here but where is the lipo? Can't see it on the pitures... would I need one 2s lipo or two? Sorry for these questions.... I always say, no question is stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

One more thing... might sound extremely amateur here but where is the lipo? Can't see it on the pitures... would I need one 2s lipo or two? Sorry for these questions.... I always say, no question is stupid!
You would need a 2s lipo. There are a couple threads here on the topic.

Phill

RCDAD said:
Yep the Dune a Runner is a different platform. The DR is larger.You can see the differences.

This is the Dune Runner

Yours

The DR pictured here is the one I have

It's sold here in Aus as an HSP Bajer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts