• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

NEW STUFF! fresh tear down and changes

phreerider

just finished, XB unit rework, and heres the goods with outcome.

7075rc diff boxes and towers besides being beautiful fit and finish they add considerable rigidity to unit as a whole. the tower on the front has spread out points so gives ton more range of adjustments. all dropped in no fuss -->perfect.

the diff fluid got swapped to 3k on the rear and 7k on the front. got some pics of the front diff opened up very little metal transfer to lube, some inside areas of the diff still NEW virgin surface inside. definitely impressed.

with these swap fresh SS bearings (VBX) in the box. very pleased with diff/tower combo excellent choice for unit enhancement.

added some redcat alloy parts to front end, caster spindle set and alloy steering buckles with fresh post. AND DUAL SERVOS! set up with an MT rx box with additional hitec 5765...absolutely rock solid and reduces servo throw needs by a 1/3 and powered steer thats ultra sensitive! actually easy add on and set up...and still carry the stock battery + 2s lipo strapped to side...if you want more (powered)steer control --->its the way to go!

fresh 54mm clutch bell, original was fried, with considerable runout. huge rev to peak improvement AND went back to 8k spring....love the response what a difference for bash! the speed rip and tire roasting is just awesome!

also working with 7075rc caster spindle set. with oversized spindle bearings and caster bearings which is actually going on the REAR for 4W steer. which ATM the dual servos have turned that project more into novelty, more than need(or for crawler type or in this case BOUNCER!) because how impressive the dual servo action performs, but i will complete and do a vid demo, once parts arrive.

and cool roll bar add on so i can drop the stock mini cage...

so pics and vid to follow in the coming days and weeks , but lets have a look inside the diff case

phreerider

and the opened gear case. super stiff stock stuff. loosening this set up to 7k.

diff gear case.jpg

diff gear case.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/583c606ccbcea_diffgearcase.jpg.0fc292888639bd45e463b36fc85e2884.jpg

Kaceno

I wanna see pictures of your steering setup!!!

but yeah, the stock "stuff" is crazy stiff. I'm pretty sure it is reject silly putty.

Also, I thought usually you go thicker in the back and thinner on the front as far as diff fluid goes. Could be wrong.

phreerider

vid is cooking for dual steer servos, just finished a cut down turnbuckle servo saver for direct servo mount, on the 4w steer. easy upgrade for sure.

phreerider

dual servos added to XB,

dual servo top .jpg

dual servo left.jpg

dual servo top .jpg

dual servo left.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/583c606cd0b12_dualservotop.jpg.685e321d50554c7f909676dac5fdd4ae.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/583c606cd3804_dualservoleft.jpg.ac4258359279b0bf42b521a3835ab4cf.jpg

phreerider

dual servos, with some action, very effective mod. super sensitive! had to drop rate quite a bit. solid for sure....and the vid

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

oh i'm sorry make it 3!

7075rc casters and spindles for rear steer setup, old redcat servo and steer links...and quick steer action is what u get!

[ame]

[/ame]

G

Too cool!

phreerider

i was working through the steering with upgrades and reasoned that the parts would be there and still in good shape and wanted oversized bearings for the rear....and this is what happens when the idle parts box has too many good sets just laying about. i will prolly goof off with it til the servo cracks. the servosaver hack was the limiting factor, but works great can't believe no has done one, i remember the 1/10 had them and could not find any for large scale..the mechanics are brutal on servo i know but man what fun. i can detail the servosaver hack if anyone wants.

phreerider

Cool ...i'll get a thread for the cutdown direct servo saver.

phreerider

yep ...sweet billet meat. OBR prostock 30.5 5.5hp

obr mill 30.5 prostock.jpg

obr billet case.jpg

obr mill 30.5 prostock.jpg

obr billet case.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/583c606e398ed_obrmill30.5prostock.jpg.0fef3817d85050ff10db70fb44eb5847.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/583c606e3b449_obrbilletcase.jpg.6edda024253f58f453d308a72d1b7591.jpg

phreerider

had to hack the gas tank mount(part of it) on the XB. -clutch housing swapped,- front cover works (OBR zenoah 30.5 came with CY cover) all lined up gear plate bolts are in snugged but binding and billet case makes contact on the gas tank mount. spacers and chassis screws are in place with considerable gap. i was unaware mods were needed to drop in this mill? custom billet just wants the space!anyway hack, grind, and drops in all tidy. may clean it up abit with an MT tank swap in couple weeks.and looked something like this....

obr 30.5 billet case contact XB.jpg

obr XB billet case mounted.jpg

obr 30.5 billet case contact XB.jpg

obr XB billet case mounted.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/583c606e3cdf5_obr30.5billetcasecontactXB.jpg.aef955018649192fadb019d8cb51d07a.jpg

/monthly_2014_02/583c606e3e6cb_obrXBbilletcasemounted.jpg.35db2c36035f340b31746d74b0f2766c.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts