• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Steel Gears Fit

DemonRC

Just an FYI. When you get ur new steel gears you may have to file the gear squares some to get the gears on. The gears have flat corners and the squares have somewhat rounded corners. I did a few minutes of fileing and they fit tight but loose enough where I can pull em off quickly. Other than that they are great. Smooth as silk.

Clubin

Banned
I just pressed mine on, they eventually loosen up, the squares are aluminum, and the gears are hardened steel. I love mine too, I just ordered another set for my Dune Runner.

I am confiednt I will not have a gear failure again.

chief23

I just got my steel gears in today along with my brand new rampage buggy, i put the gears on immediatly and when i would try to turn the gears with the cover off they will turn but stop and get stuck at mid rotation, and with a harder turn it will spin again, but always gets stuck and take off is very sluggish. any help?

kryptonite

chief23 said:
I just got my steel gears in today along with my brand new rampage buggy, i put the gears on immediatly and when i would try to turn the gears with the cover off they will turn but stop and get stuck at mid rotation, and with a harder turn it will spin again, but always gets stuck and take off is very sluggish. any help?
the gears will brake in. 4wd is has slightly more drag then 2wd, so it will seem kinda slugish. it also takes about 2 full tanks for the motor to get losened up(brake in period). then you can lean it out for better excelaration and top end.

sorry to get off track..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts