• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Rear Brace Design

Shazammer

Here's a few pics of a rear brace I whipped up over the weekend. It's solid as a rock in the rear end now. This design may not work with some of the pipe setups out there. The redcat pipe fits good still. Not going to be making anymore though, it's all made on a manual milling machine so it's a slower process.

Shazammer

A little update

I've switched the tank back over to the stock position after the failure of the Redcat tuned pipe. Mounted a shiny new Jetpro instead. This required a new upper plate for the rear brace. I also made a Delrin rear skid plate to keep the ass of the chassis from wearing out. I plan to do a front skid as well after I devise a homebrew method of curling delrin plate. I'm thinking a heat gun and some kind of form underneath it to let it roll onto.

C-Mac

I think we all could use that rear brace. Is there one coming out on the market soon?

Shazammer

kryptonite said:
wow. that brace looks great. what is that other fab peice located buy the shock tower
If you are talking about the piece with the red strip in the middle. That is the pipe hanger I made for the Redcat tuned pipe. Mine was from a bad batch or something because it cracked almost clear through the header at the first bend. I have a Jetpro on it now after that.

Shazammer

Some Good News :)

I'll be getting a deal on a CNC mill here soon and I plan to start cranking out some parts for the Rampage. We still need to do some bash testing. The weather has been nasty for awhile. My bro owns the truck with the brace on it. He is Nitroburn on this forum, just to prevent confusion. It's going to be a couple of months till we get set up. No pre orders or anything yet but if you are interested in a rear brace like this, post and let me know. I want to gauge just how much demand there is for a brace. I may even expand the design into an enclosed clutch at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

i'll take 2.. thanx and make it snappy!! JUST KIDDING. what kind of time line are we looking at?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.