• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new project XB

glenn201

A friend of mine bet me I can not make a redcat XB That will hold up an hang with his losi

5ive I have had redcat XBs before I like them i just wish they held up better what are all the weak spots im sure im going to make a lot of one off parts give me all your input

NEED HELP ON THIS ONE

phreerider

start here 7075rc for alloy parts

then go here OBR for power

990 carb,(maybe a juice box!) MT gear plate, alloy diff boxes, oversized bearing out drives, wicked pipe, radio of merit with serious HV servos , i would step gear ratio up abit, diff cup rings! 9500rpm clutch spring

same tires as your buddies junk. you'll need hpi adapters. trenchers, all fronts prolly be quicker.

i like dual servo steer.

since the losi has <90 degree drive train advantage over X series definitely will need a bit more power.

you may want to follow some MCD stuff since it appears to be the same caliber as losi.

XB kinda of budget clone MCD ...but in the RIGHT HANDS can easily hang and school a weak pilot

glenn201

I already have a lot of stuff gear plate hubs front an rear jet pro pipe I also have 4 front hpi shocks

im planning on using right now im making new shock towers an a cage out of aluminum the cage will

tie the shock tower together an the chassis

phreerider

towers tied together is an easy way to stiffen the unit for sure. my xb has held on nicely with a fat tube ladder cage.

blacksunshine

You don't need any aluminum shit as far as hub carriers and steering knuckles the plastic is strong anough. Put the money towards stuff that will dial it in. I am also starting my xb project to hang with the 5t. I bought 5t shocks rear mount jet pro 2 stage air cleaner aluminum trans bearing carrier 8000 clutch and i also got a belt drive system. I know where to get them if you want one and know where to get belts. I bought a 990 walbro . I'm putting 10000 in the front and 7000 in the rear diffs. Hitec servos and a xcs body. Will be gettin a OBR 7.5 full mod 30.5. But i do think the 30cc on it will be a pretty damn strong engine. I'll post up pictures sometime in January when all the parts get here. These bashers on this site are pretty clueless all they buy is aluminum shit that blings there buggy out but do nothing for the handling or performance. Which is cool if your a basher. I want to lay the smackdown on the losi�� Oh yeah go through your diffs i was missing a flat washer that goes under the pin. And all the small washers that go behind the planetary gears. Redcat racing sent me everything for free on a warranty claim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

Sounds like you got a nice build going...but the plastic Knuckles and bearing holders on xb are kinda crappy and will burn up ur bearings real quick .that's the most common complaint is those and the gear plate.thats where 7075RC takes care of the problem.good luck hope urs holds up to the heat.

blacksunshine

I'm gonna treat it like my truggys. Replace with aluminum when the plastic gives out. I went to Avid bearing and got good bearings for the whole thing. The one's on it are junk.

blacksunshine

Sittin lookin at this thing i don't believe it'll truly hang with losi off jumps. Engine fuel tank exhaust everythings hangin in the back. I guess i'll find out. Might have to pin the brake off jumps to get the nose down really hard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts