• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Project Ideas? thoughts?

chevy

Alright guys I just go my tt rolller lasts week it started as a v1 had the upgrade kit installed already it has the old red buggy body i completely broke it down into parts rebuilt the diffs/changed the oil, checked all screws and grub screws loc-tited everything replaced a few dogbone pins and de-anodized all the aluminum except the chassis, made some shock tower extenders, custom front bumper/brace and steel roll cage, i did hamsters mod to the wing and used body mounts so the back is open for a pipe i don't have wheels or a motor i have a side dom but was looking at a rear exhaust, i have one hitec 805b and im getting ready to order the aluminum futaba mount, i want this to be fast as i can get it and light this time im going for performance, my question is what do you think i should do next?? what motor?? wheels? mods? gearing any idea's thanks i uploaded a few pics.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
Buy some rear dunerunner shocktowers they are wider and open on the top. That will allow ya to run a good rear exit pipe if ya want. Get a good ported motor, 27.2cc or higher. I wouldnt go any lower in displacement just because of the weight.

grf

may i ask why you need to do that to your shocks?

what is the benefit of having them straight like that?

arent they a bit more exposed at that position

hamster huey

Moving shocks more vertical makes them more responsive and feel like they have thinner oil-softer.

Laying them down more horizontal makes them feel kindaprogressive and less responsive, and feel like they have thicker oil-harder.

Changing the postion of shocks is a great way of changing the feel/response w/o changin the oil.

hamster huey

How about covering it in fur to look like an animal? It sounds dumb but it worked for the Mutt Van in dumb and dumber. If Im dumb for liking it then so be it but I thought that was cool. Almost as cool as the Oscar meyer weiner mobile.................

fat49f1

Contributor
hamster huey said:
How about covering it in fur to look like an animal? It sounds dumb but it worked for the Mutt Van in dumb and dumber. If Im dumb for liking it then so be it but I thought that was cool. Almost as cool as the Oscar meyer weiner mobile.................
WOW, really ,lol

Obeast44

Banned
I had initially planned on doing that to my Rampage for the Powerjam last June. I was gonna cover the body in neon blue fur, add a blue pig nose, piggy ears and tail to boot! Unfortunately, lack of funds stopped me from doing it. :(

fat49f1

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
I had initially planned on doing that to my Rampage for the Powerjam last June. I was gonna cover the body in neon blue fur, add a blue pig nose, piggy ears and tail to boot! Unfortunately, lack of funds stopped me from doing it. :(
Your killing me :eek: both of ya:rolleyes:

chevy

alright so far I have a 27 or 28.5cc esp race ported for the motor,Hahaha now thats funny fur? I was thinking real hide like raccoon fur or boars hair or have really long hair like "it" :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts