• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New part from 7075RC

Ol' fart

I've been thinking of making some of these for the XT's but I know you could order the one for the MT and it will work. Mine would come with the little side plate too and oversize bearings for $90.00 It's a little bit lighter but not much.

(1) 22x10x6 (5) 22x8x6 bearings.

Would any of you be interested????

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

Deluge said:
You could lighten it up, like the MCD plate. 023101A0.jpg
The wall is only .060 thick so cutting It out would not save much. It's there just to keep the dirt out of the gears

G

The wall is only .060 thick so cutting It out would not save much. It's there just to keep the dirt out of the gears
And Belts. :D

Another beautiful part! Again awesome work.

Ol' fart

krashkrieg said:
That looks great Ol Fart, but when I saw Title "New part from 7075", I was really hoping you had the steering rack done... :(
I have been working on the steering rack but the way they do it is just dumb and I don't want to copy it. I have come up with a completly new servo saver that will reduce the mass of the whole rack. It is worth the wait.

The proto Chassis is almost done. I've had to rework it three times now 'cause I keep finding way's to make it a little better. I will throw out pic's next week just to show you what I've got.

G

I have been working on the steering rack but the way they do it is just dumb and I don't want to copy it. I have come up with a completly new servo saver that will reduce the mass of the whole rack. It is worth the wait.The proto Chassis is almost done. I've had to rework it three times now 'cause I keep finding way's to make it a little better. I will throw out pic's next week just to show you what I've got.
Sounds great. Look forward to the pics, and of course, the end product.

G

Cut out Version

Deluge said:
You could lighten it up, like the MCD plate. 023101A0.jpg
Maybe if it is not too much more work you could make a cut out version and call it an on road gear plate. They look very cool. :D

TerraKill

had my hopes up for some MT treats :(

very very nice tho, think im gonna have to pick up an Xt if you keep bringing these parts out!! (when im sent to the Usa, oklahoma for training)

G

had my hopes up for some MT treats
The gear plates are universal between all the Redcat gassers. So this could be considered the first MT,TT & DR part as well.

Ol' fart

Round two

I changed a few things on the advice of a some people in the background.

Moved the cutouts to the front and lightened it up a bit. I also changed the bearing sizes to 10x22x6 and 8x19x6 Not as big as the MT bearings but way bigger than the stock XT's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts