• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New MT V3 32cc died 2.5 tanks into break in.

csp1971

Contributor
It looks like Ice has covered everything I would have tried.

You didn't switch the two fuel lines around on the carb at all, right? I've put them in the wrong spots before when reconnecting after working on it, thought i'd ask.

You might try this for the heck of it. Try your HSN back to 1 3/8 and see if that makes it any better. Like someone stated above, I always keep my finger on the trigger a little and give it a little throttle when trying to start it.

Ice_2k

Did you ship it to Redcat? Or how do they know it's not the carb? And what are they saying is the problem?

Slimneill

Ice_2k said:
Did you ship it to Redcat? Or how do they know it's not the carb? And what are they saying is the problem?
I haven't been able to run it to worry about installing a kill switch. Redcat doesn't know what's wrong, but they are sure it's not the carb because they say they have never had one go bad.

They want me to spend $250+ to shop it back to them to fix it. I suggested I take it to a small engine repair shop and they pay the labour which would be well less then the shipping and they said no.

I tore a rotator cuff trying to get this piece of garbage running. I'm about given up on Redcat and their horrible warranty. If something doesn't happen soon I'll be making it known the buying Redcat in Canada is a horrible experience and idea.

BertR

Forget spending the money to have a small engine mechanic do work on it and telling you it's the carb.. You will be in it for the labor and a new carb! Just bite the bullet and get a wt990 carb.. I can almost guarantee that the carb is no good.

designed2survive

BertR said:
Forget spending the money to have a small engine mechanic do work on it and telling you it's the carb.. You will be in it for the labor and a new carb! Just bite the bullet and get a wt990 carb.. I can almost guarantee that the carb is no good.
BertR recommended a great carb (wt990) but you'll need to know how to start it knowing it doesn't have a choke. If unsure, the simple easy alternative would be a wt668. Or if you are looking for the wt990 performance with a choke you can get a wt1107.

On a side note is there anyone in your area that runs a 5th scale gas?

Phill

blak__jak said:
you know you could take the motor out and ship just it. there's no way that would be 250 to ship but if it was me and I had to spend any where near that kind of cash I'd put it toward a new motor and use the old one to practice up on my small engine repair skills. in fact ddm's deal of the week would work just fine. 199.00 http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g290rc-engine-966669901-4-bolt-topend-g290-290.html
That's the motor I run in my DR after throwing the stocker.

Great reliable motor with plenty of grunt

Slimneill

blak__jak said:
you know you could take the motor out and ship just it. there's no way that would be 250 to ship but if it was me and I had to spend any where near that kind of cash I'd put it toward a new motor and use the old one to practice up on my small engine repair skills. in fact ddm's deal of the week would work just fine. 199.00 http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g290rc-engine-966669901-4-bolt-topend-g290-290.html
I tried to say, what if i just shipped the motor back. And the response was we need the entire truck in order to diagnose the issue.....

Ice_2k

That sounds a lot like "we know you won't pay $250 in shipping, so asking for the entire truck will ensure you leave us alone"..... :(

BertR

RampageHopUps said:
I will look around to see if I still have new carbs from 36cc engines that you can try.
I grabbed one of the 36cc take off' when you and Hill were doing them and it was a good carb..still wish I had purchased a 36cc

Slimneill

Update:

I managed to get my hands on temporary WT-990 Carb. 3 pulls later and the engine was up and running with no issues. So much for Redcat Warranties excuse that it's never the Carbs that is faulty. I've sent them my claim again to see what they will do with my garbage Carb.

Thanks for all the help here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts