• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New motor on the way

forist

Contributor
Going to try the MT set as a-35 bcd-25's. And going to try the TTset till the gears melt hehe. Going to be fun, I am trying to find out what the HP is on that kit. Think it should be like 4.25 hp or 4.5 hp something like that.

kryptonite

i think it will run awsome with the side dom!! a big motor like that is almost useless if it has a crappy pipe. im bet it wont take long to smoke that clutch running 35/25. its worth a shot on the steet just to see it fly tho. if you want speed with good torque run the TT gears backwards, 31/29. they wont melt if you pull the gear cover or vent it(i think you did vent it?) that thing will eat 5b's for a snack!

forist

Contributor
U guys think I should put the upgraded diff set in the TT . I still have the V1 set in it they are holding up good so far. Was thinking with the extra power it might be to much for the V1 set. And if there might be anything else that might need to be upgraded plz let me know thx a bunch.

kryptonite

i would do the diffs just so it don't break down. but you could just wait and see. your never going to use those stock diffs if you take them out. if you went this long i would like to see how well it does with the "big joint" in. when the diff goes, nothing of value inside breaks. but it is cool to see how the case explodes. mine looked like an M80 inside pepsi can.

kryptonite

yolonda21 said:
That motor with the side Dom should be pushing close to 6HP, I would think......
i was thinking the same thing. about 4.5 from the motor and another 1.25+ from the pipe. the amount of HP is only uselfull if you have 4wd. with a 2wd its straight rooster tails and wheelies. cant wait to see the next vid!!

DemonRC

forist said:
U guys think I should put the upgraded diff set in the TT . I still have the V1 set in it they are holding up good so far. Was thinking with the extra power it might be to much for the V1 set. And if there might be anything else that might need to be upgraded plz let me know thx a bunch.
You defintely need to get the upgraded diff cups in there before running that mill. Make sure to temper the shafts too. I had to run 2 stock diff cups (3mm pins) during a race cause I broke an untempered shaft on 1 and broke the cup on another. Anyways, I ran a few laps before I DNF'ed cause of a busted steering servo horn. I took those temporary stock diff cups out later that night cause I ordered some upgrade ones and noticed small chips and cracks around the pin hole on both cups. That was just from maybe 8 laps. If I sneezed on em hard enough they prolly would've disintergrated in my hand.

forist

Contributor
U guys were right i went out bashing today and rear diff went out good thing it was right at the end of my run for the day. Here are some pics of the damage.

forist

Contributor
here are the pics.............

hamster huey

Am I the only one who thinks too much power causes too much wear and tear? Ill just watch you guys break stuff and wear things out! :) Ill live vicariously through you.

forist

Contributor
Got my 30.5 today just got done putting it in holy smokes way faster. Have only ran 1/2 a tank so far. Runs relay good nice and smooth. Very happy with it so far:) :) :)

DemonRC

hamster huey said:
Am I the only one who thinks too much power causes too much wear and tear? Ill just watch you guys break stuff and wear things out! :) Ill live vicariously through you.
I'm a firm believer in power = wear and tear. It's the reason I run a lower RPM mildly ported 28.5. Same reason I stopped my Stang at 350 HP instead of going all out over 500 HP. I love to wrech but I'm there's a fine line between "maintaining" your ride and "fixing" your ride. When it gets to a point where I'm constantly "fixing", I end up backing down a notch or two to where it's reasonable.

DemonRC

Hey Moo, are you running the ONB reed kit on the 30.5 or the 28.5? How does it perform? I've been thinking about getting the reed kit and the 28.5 kit with the reed window port.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts