• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new losi 5th

Ebb75

Looks awesome. Reasonable price tag too. Looks tight to cram a pipe under that cage.

G

Sweet indeed! Going to have to add one to the fleet. :D

G

Wow.

Let us know what ya think. I always wait to hear the reviews.

G

I can't get over how similar it is to the Chimera. The Desert Buggy is only a little larger than the Chimera. IMO it does not look any more durable. The Desert Buggy does not share parts with its big brother 5ive. Only coming with a 23cc it is going to be a tad underpowered, again, my opinion. I'm sure it's going to be a very fun platform, though.....

rookie101

The release date is supposed to be mid December so hopefully it'll be here before Christmas.

Luckily I have a Chimera around to compare it to as well as my 5ive, MCD RR, a couple Dunerunners and my XB-E. Helps to work with a few other guys that have the RC bug as well. :D

RazorHobbies

RCDAD said:
I can't get over how similar it is to the Chimera. The Desert Buggy is only a little larger than the Chimera. IMO it does not look any more durable. The Desert Buggy does not share parts with its big brother 5ive. Only coming with a 23cc it is going to be a tad underpowered, again, my opinion. I'm sure it's going to be a very fun platform, though.....
Have to agree. It is definitely going to be under powered with the 23cc.

G

rookie101

Contributor

The release date is supposed to be mid December so hopefully it'll be here before Christmas.

Luckily I have a Chimera around to compare it to as well as my 5ive, MCD RR, a couple Dunerunners and my XB-E. Helps to work with a few other guys that have the RC bug as well.
Very nice!

I'm sure I'll have to try one. I get week around the holidays when it comes to spending. LOL

I did notice it can be purchased as a roller. No way I could keep it with only a 23cc. I have a few 30.5 pull outs I could throw in for the time being. :)

rookie101

I have the rtr coming, but I have a like new 26 from a baja kicking around and if needed a prostock OBR is pretty reasonable.

Just really need a decent pipe, I have an X can that will go on it for now but I really like a proper pipe.

G

rookie101 said:
I have the rtr coming, but I have a like new 26 from a baja kicking around and if needed a prostock OBR is pretty reasonable. Just really need a decent pipe, I have an X can that will go on it for now but I really like a proper pipe.
Did you throw a jetpro on the Chimera or is it still stock?

rookie101

Chimera belongs to one of the other guys at work so it's stock. Drives me nuts though, I keep bugging him about the Jetpro!

My five is running the DDM Dom and my MCD has a rear mount Jetpro. The other guys Dunerunner has the DDM Fast on it and although it makes good power, it's obnoxiously loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I'm pretty sure it won't be long before the pipes are out for the new XL. Once your XL is fitted with a pipe he won't be able to resist. LOL

RampageHopUps

Yes. It's is a rebadge. Not from any HSP or Redcat factory, but from a new factory that shopped it around last year. Horizon may have exclusive rights to it, but I'm not sure. The price is high in comparison to Redcats, so hopefully horizon spec'd in super high quality plastics, motor and electronics.

G

The servos don't look familiar, we'll have to see how they hold up. The 1700mah rec pack will also have to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts