• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New guy here. Rampage xt

Rs4 tony

18bcd7af-e13f-f3f4.jpg

18bcd7af-e14f-95e6.jpg

Let the mods begin. I heard that the steering servo is a must to upgrade. What should I upgrade to? HighTec 5755?

G

Welcome. Yes on the 5755. On my rampages the throttle servo failed first. Both will eventually need replacing. Its frustraiting when they fail while out running. It is good to take care of it up front:)

Rs4 tony

And also which killer switch is it? V1, v2,v2s,v3?

G

Yep. That's a two channel.

Deluge

Yep, get the V2. Since you have a two channel system, you don't have the ability to kill the engine with a third channel switch. So to kill the engine, you have to turn the transmitter off.

G

The V2 is great. If you upgrade to a three channel trans in the future you can still use it. It will give you the option to use the third channel for lights if your into that.

DonJoJo

Rs4 tony said:
What exactly does the killer switch do?
think of the kill switch as a manual failsafe.. you can cut the motor from an extra channel onyour radio. They are very nice to have when you get a pebble wedged infront of your throttle horn and your WOT into a crowd of people or a tree or anything else that will be no bueno!! yep deff upgrade the steering servo, i would say aluminum center dif mounts, aluminum gearplate, aluminum front steering knuckles. I have the ones from redcat and they use the stock wheel bearings but they seem to hold them in place alot nicer than the plastic ones, they also tighten up some of the slop in the steering. IMO. Rear aluminum wheel carriers and aluminum top plates. trust me im not one of those people who like everything to be metal but these things i mentioned seem to be of importance over stock. I wouldnt reccomend the A-arms in aluminum just because they will bend everything in a crash while leaving them plastic will just snap the weakest link. I gotta be honest when i got my XT i destroyed something everytime i pulled her out. since i did these little upgrades she gets used and is ready for next time after every run. Just food for thought, enjoy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts