• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Filter Installed and New Shock Mounts

mvaughn12

Got my new filter installed and ready to go!!! It has I think more filter than the original also Got my front shock mounts installed now to do the back!!! Also installed my new carb!!! ( Walbro 998) No choke but I don't need it lol

Last edited by a moderator:

mvaughn12

It's Aloy Gold Aluminum Air Filter with Sponge For RC 1:5 Scale HPI Baja KM Rovan

Truthfully I has more filter foam in it that the stock does. It's actually longer and wider and with the relocation of the throttle I get great clearance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321094694451?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1963wt_1008

I seals up really good also. I wasn't impressed with the stock all to well. I'll run this awhile and see how it holds up. Worst case scenerio, I can drill a good 20 nice holes in it easily if it becomes a breathing problem and it will still look cool and sturdy. Last resort install the stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Breathing won't be an issue. The filtering is the only thing to worry about.

Deluge

It's threaded, I would worry about the vibration loosening it up and falling off during running. Looks like it might be a bit restrictive internally, as well. You want some air space in there. That third piece of foam in the middle is overkill, but you might need it seeing as they all look pretty porous. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

rcgasser

Deluge said:
It's threaded, I would worry about the vibration loosening it up and falling off during running. Looks like it might be a bit restrictive internally, as well. You want some air space in there. That third piece of foam in the middle is overkill, but you might need it seeing as they all look pretty porous. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
I was going to say the same thing I have had 3 of them and ecah time the threads wear out from vibration not allowing you to screw the filter back on anymore.

mvaughn12

Shouldnt come loose I have the Light Loctite on the thread to help with vibration and can still easily twist off with no problem.

mvaughn12

Cant wait now for my 1/5 RC Electric Remote Start Kit for Baja & Losi 5ive by FID Racing to arrive so I can install it and run it!! I want to go up in wheel and tire size also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts