• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My first brushless

DanSpd

So it's Monday here and I received my first brushless rc today. Plugged in batteries and gave it a try...

And I must say it is a beast! :eek:

So I have Backdraft 8E from RedcatRacing, running stock 2S 3200mAh LIPO in series. I have no words to describe how awesome it is. So far pulled 50mph and already ordered two 4S 5000 to run in parallel.

I haven't had any other brushless before but if you are deciding on purchasing brushless from RedcatRacing then I can only say buy it!

So yea, so far I am very excited with this purchase and those $290 were well spent ;)

P.S. Tomorrow is dunerunner day :)

DanSpd

Obeast44 said:
Brushless power is nuts isnt it....now ya see why I want the electric XT? :D
Ohh yes it is nuts. Cant wait till electic xt is out and till my batteries are charged again :D

pipeous

I tried it straight out of the box and passed mine around. I setup the esc today and I think it has more top. could be just me as I bench tested. don't make the mistake of when to push the buttons though haha. had mine on the work table and it shot off, spinning tires,. tools flying around haha. one of those times you wish the video was running. of course I was the blocker so the buggy hit me in the chest as it was flying off the table. ya these buggies sure seem pretty durable so far.

I haven't raced since last winter indoor. I make 1 or 2 races a year. this year I will be able to make more. next is an aftershock. it'll be fun chasing down those sponsored drivers with a kitty ;)

DanSpd

Took my backdraft for a spin 5 ins ago. Fully charged it's a kill. SO I was wondering if its ok to drain 50% of batteries and leave them in the car for the night. The in the morning use them and recharge?

krashkrieg

Contributor
I love the power of brushless...I'm with you OBeast, that XTe is soooo gonna be in my garage...

Unless you have SMC batteries, you are fine leaving them fully charged for 2-3 days no problem...

Draining to 50% is only necessary for longer storage's...

BTW, 2 - 4s are going to add more weight than you think...

hamster huey

DanSpd said:
Took my backdraft for a spin 5 ins ago. Fully charged it's a kill. SO I was wondering if its ok to drain 50% of batteries and leave them in the car for the night. The in the morning use them and recharge?
Yes you can leave them at 50% overnight w/o negatively affecting the battery BUT its NOT a good idea unless your certain the batteries are in good physical shape.

Damage can occur physically to a battery while driving that can create a dangerous storage situation such as water getting where its not supposed to, crash damage, connectors/wires arching or getting exposed from wear, debris (esp. pebbles) getting under the battery and puncturing it during use, overloaded amp draw causing instablility, lots more.

Never leave it connected if you do leave it in the RC. Id still disconnect it when not in use and put it somewhere safe for storage. I use a small fireproof suitcase size safe I got at walmart for $18 and I keep the batts in lipo sacks inside the safe.

DanSpd

Gotcha. Thanks for info.

Yesterday I unplugged batteries and left them. Today plugged back in and had fun. No problems.

I had small jump made and had a lot of fun. So far got broke front body mount and front part of body. But tape gets job done.

Looking forward my 2x4s in parallels.

@krashkrieg: I have 2x2S in series atm as it came. How heavier will it get?

billm67

The new brushless stuff is just nuts. Combined with Lipo's they totally change everything I thought about 1/10 scale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts