• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT v3 shocks

BertR

Will the x series stand offs work on the MT shocks and are the mt shocks longer than the X shocks also....dang I feel like a noob lol. Would it be a wise choice to put rear shocks on all 4 due to my harsh bashing...any info on the MT v3 shocks would be awesome

Thanks

BertR.

Ol' fart

The MT shocks are wider at the lower mounting point than the X shocks. You could cut mounts out so that the MT shocks would fit but kind of a PITA. When I make my billet arms for the XT they will be wide enough to take the MT or the XT shocks.

BertR

As soon as the winter expenses drop to a third of what they are I will be in the market for diff housings and sus arms from you. The poor plastic stuff just can't handle the beating

G

BertR said:
Will the x series stand offs work on the MT shocks and are the mt shocks longer than the X shocks also....dang I feel like a noob lol. Would it be a wise choice to put rear shocks on all 4 due to my harsh bashing...any info on the MT v3 shocks would be awesomeThanks

BertR.
The MT standoff use a larger bolt. No big deal just open up the hole on the shock tower a little. You can swap the lower shock ends to fit them in the stock arms.

BertR

RCDAD said:
The MT standoff use a larger bolt. No big deal just open up the hole on the shock tower a little. You can swap the lower shock ends to fit them in the stock arms.
How about length.. Are the mt rears same length as x series rears? I see some on your site that I may have to pick up in the near future. How about the stand offs from the X ..will they fit the ball socket on the mt v3 shock.

G

The ball and socket are the same, so you can snap yours in. They are each about 1/2 inch longer. Not really enough to matter. I have been running MT shocks on my XB for quite some time. They work well.

BertR

RCDAD said:
The ball and socket are the same, so you can snap yours in. They are each about 1/2 inch longer. Not really enough to matter. I have been running MT shocks on my XB for quite some time. They work well.
Thanks for helping me out on the Questions I had..I wouldn't imagine the 1/2 length would matter much . I could use a bit more in the rear with the pipe hangin out back.

G

Your droop screws will keep the arms where you want them, or you can install some limiters if so desired.

BertR

I will probably do the limiters because most of my arm failure's have been around the droop screw and hung pin. On occasion it snaps at the swaybar screw but those were nasty hits like in the latest video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts