• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT V3 shocks vs MT PRO shocks???

brad1161

MT V3 shocks vs MT PRO shocks??? Is there a difference besides the look?

G

The biggy back design holds a little more fluid. The theory is more volume equates to less heat build up. Most people can not tell a difference in performance. I can't.......

They do look cool though.

brad1161

lol thanks.. Is the front the same as the rears? Is the a direct replacement aftermarket shock?

Deluge

The rear shocks are longer than the front shocks. You can thread a Baja lower shock assembly into the MT shock body. That's what I run and they're a lot smoother than stock.

brad1161

Deluge said:
The rear shocks are longer than the front shocks. You can thread a Baja lower shock assembly into the MT shock body. That's what I run and they're a lot smoother than stock.
:confused: Not sure where you are threading into shock body. I had my off and apart. only thing i unscrewed was the blue shock cap. am i missing something?

Deluge

I'm talking about the lower shock cap. The piece that the shock shaft slides into. You can replace that whole assembly with a Baja assembly.

Here's a visual...

media.nl?id=742&c=885035&h=ba8f836d5ec1721ab999.jpg

brad1161

damn, i didnt know the bottom unscrewed. i scratched the hell out my boddies taking the top cap apart

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts