• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mt to xb/xt conversion?

igetbombed

Contributor
Ok, so the news of a lighter/faster redcat has me excited. I can't afford to buy one right now, but was hoping someone who has a prototype and/or rampage experts could tell me what I would need to do a conversion. Here is what I've noticed, tell me if I missed anything:

1) wheels/tires

2) front/rear bumpers

3) body

4) sway bars.....looks like they are installed in the front from the pics

5) chassis? I read somewhere the chassis is the same, but from the pics it looks completely different

6) shock towers look different

7) gears???? Anyone know if the gearing is different? I'd suppose so

Please let me know what I missed. If it's a nominal fee to convert I'd consider it

camo

Im not much into the MT but I can tell you by just having mess with the XT that it would be probably cheaper to buy an XT than trying to convert it. The only parts I know they share are the gear plate, gears, main drive pinion/brake/ring, and diff cases. all other things are different, from spider gears on the differentials to radio box/tray set-up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts