• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Resi Shocks

Silent_chaos

Has anyone ever tried upgrading the the MT resi shocks?

such as upgrading the Shock Shafts or upgrading the plastic Shock ends to billet?

Thanks

Silent_chaos

Mike4130 said:
So lemme get this straight.

You had 2 front and 2 rear redcat MT resi shocks.

You put:

-4 spring retainers (can you tell me their DDM part number)?

-4 front darksoul shafts all around

(Any idea what would happen if i go with rear shafts with rear and fronts with front)? Does it affect ride height?

-4 DDM rear springs? Or is it HPI springs? And which ones (soft/hard)

Looking forward for your answers mate

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike4130

Silent_chaos said:
So lemme get this straight. You had 2 front and 2 rear redcat MT resi shocks.

You put:

-4 spring retainers (can you tell me their DDM part number)?

-4 front darksoul shafts all around

(Any idea what would happen if i go with rear shafts with rear and fronts with front)? Does it affect ride height?

-4 DDM rear springs? Or is it HPI springs? And which ones (soft/hard)

Looking forward for your answers mate
Here you go,

I used part # TT614 FFRC spring cups, Dark Souls shafts (The rears will not fit)and HPI Baja replacement springs (SP42x)these are softer than the factory Redcat springs.

Let me know if you have any other questions, glad to help.

Silent_chaos

Mike4130 said:
Here you go,I used part # TT614 FFRC spring cups, Dark Souls shafts (The rears will not fit)and HPI Baja replacement springs (SP42x)these are softer than the factory Redcat springs.

Thanks for the answers.

At this point, I do not know if it is best to upgrade them or just get the IRC Bigbore complete shock sets

Silent_chaos

Mike4130 said:
Here you go,I used part # TT614 FFRC spring cups, Dark Souls shafts (The rears will not fit)and HPI Baja replacement springs (SP42x)these are softer than the factory Redcat springs.

I have never rebuilt a shock before, so allow me to ask couple of other questions.

I want the rear section of the truck to be higher than the front.

If i install front shafts all around, won't that reduce the height of the rears? (Since front shafts are shorter than rear ones)

And do the FFRC spring cups help me gain some additional height? Because if thats the case, it would be wise to only install them on the rear shocks instead of all around.

Mike4130

Silent_chaos said:
I have never rebuilt a shock before, so allow me to ask couple of other questions.I want the rear section of the truck to be higher than the front.

If i install front shafts all around, won't that reduce the height of the rears? (Since front shafts are shorter than rear ones)

And do the FFRC spring cups help me gain some additional height? Because if thats the case, it would be wise to only install them on the rear shocks instead of all around.
I had to use the FFRC cups are because the shock ends are shorter than the factory ends (The end would rub the A-Arm otherwise).

I didn't lose any ride height with these shocks. The ride height can be adjusted by the a spring retainer/collar on the shock tube. Maybe that would help accomplish the height adjustment you want.

Silent_chaos

Mike4130 said:
I had to use the FFRC cups are because the shock ends are shorter than the factory ends (The end would rub the A-Arm otherwise). I didn't lose any ride height with these shocks. The ride height can be adjusted by the a spring retainer/collar on the shock tube. Maybe that would help accomplish the height adjustment you want.
Thanks Mike

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts