• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mt pro worth the extra green?

R_A_Machine

So I will soon have my greedy little hands on a bit of cash and am finally getting an mt. I am just wondering if the pro version is worth the money or should I go with the norm? Aluminum isn't always the best thing, a little flex can go a long way.

Guantanamo Joe

I do not have a pro, but I can share what I was told when I asked the same question.

The aluminum body mounts will bend with a good roll-over, and much of the aluminum suspension could be better left plastic. Some of these pieces were meant to flex on impact.

If you want a Bad Ass MT, get the regular version, put the side dominator pipe on it, buy yourself a Killer Bee Switch, and save the rest of the money for parts inventory.

R_A_Machine

Thanks guys I was 80% sure the regular version was a smarter choice and upgrade from there, just wasn't positive. I have never run aluminum a arms as I have seen them bend on smaller scale. Can't imagine the money in repair for a bad wreck of a pro.

Guantanamo Joe

I don't mind breaking A Frames at 15 bucks a pair... I would mind at 30-40 buck a pair.

That being said, I have never broken a back a frame so I would consider putting them on the rear.

blak__jak

if you want some aluminum bling go for the wheel hubs and steering parts and maybe the servo trays but other than that like they said aluminum bends where plastic is flexible.

Guantanamo Joe

As nice as it looks, I don't think you will want an aluminum roll cage.... my roll cage has been through a lot of abuse and they are very flexible.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Yes, the AL one just bends...I bought a spare plastic one early on just in case but after all my rollovers, the original it is still perfectly intact 2 years later...!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts