• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT PRO diet?

Tangermean

Hey Guys I have an MT Pro that I would like to lose some weight on. I have all the MT parts but was wondering if it was worth keeping some of the Aluminum hop ups on?

I plan i losing the MT wheels/tires and getting the smaller wheels/tires from the XT for starters.

temporary-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

R_A_Machine

Why would you do that to such a beautiful machine? I wish I had one. Not in the budget so I will stick with my xt.

Guantanamo Joe

You don't want the XT wheels and tires... that is a pretty large step down in quality. I have an XT, the foams are not good. The rubber is glued to the rim. Get yourself some HPI adapters and run some good pro line tires and wheels. This will shave about 10 lbs

Then, it will add a little weight, but invest in a good pipe and you will be BLOWN away with what that truck will do.

(or just get the pipe and keep your stock tires- you will absolutely love the fun you can have when the pipe wakes that beautiful stock engine up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :D

Tangermean

I was hoping going back to the plastic parts would make the suspension a little tighter. There is a decent amount of play between the C-hubs and the Upper/Lower arms.

Guantanamo Joe

I don't know anything about that... my MT came with plastic and that is all I have used so far... I love how the suspension handles- then again- I just drive it like I stole it, not really picky about stuff since I am not a "racer"

MNRampage

Guantanamo Joe said:
You don't want the XT wheels and tires... that is a pretty large step down in quality. I have an XT, the foams are not good. The rubber is glued to the rim. Get yourself some HPI adapters and run some good pro line tires and wheels. This will shave about 10 lbs Then, it will add a little weight, but invest in a good pipe and you will be BLOWN away with what that truck will do.

(or just get the pipe and keep your stock tires- you will absolutely love the fun you can have when the pipe wakes that beautiful stock engine up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :D
I agree some proline rubber. A nice pipe makes a world of difference !

G

Tangermean said:
I was hoping going back to the plastic parts would make the suspension a little tighter. There is a decent amount of play between the C-hubs and the Upper/Lower arms.
The plastic is the same way. I like a combo of plastic and aluminum parts. The plastic breaks but the aluminum bends. Both can fail in a bad wreck.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
You don't want the XT wheels and tires... that is a pretty large step down in quality. I have an XT, the foams are not good. The rubber is glued to the rim. Get yourself some HPI adapters and run some good pro line tires and wheels. This will shave about 10 lbs Then, it will add a little weight, but invest in a good pipe and you will be BLOWN away with what that truck will do.

desismileys_6171.gif

REVOlutionary Rampage

If I were to upgrade parts I'd have the parts you don't want moving metal.(diff cases etc...) and the parts that should flex plastic (A arms etc...). I agree with getting a pipe. My truck is a totally different animal with it than without on the stock exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tangermean

Thanks for the info guys. I will start by adding a pipe and see how I like it after that.

Is the tuned pipe that Redcat offers worthwhile? Or am I better off going with a pipe from DDM?

REVOlutionary Rampage

Jetpro and CPI are good brands as well. My CPI is still going strong over a year later. I agree about the redcat pipe. It really isn't worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts