• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Parts

ika

Are you going to make Rampage MT diff case?

As I know optional aluminum diff case is not the best one.

I wish other parts from you too..

Silent_chaos

If you are desperate for one and since olfart won't do it, you can draw it on solidworks or any cad drawing with the exact dimensions. And then go to a mashine shop to machine it for you. Basically if your dimensions are correct, the item should fit perfectly.

Ofcourse it's gona be a bit more expensive than what olfart will offer (since he runs them in quantities) but it would do the trick.

Or you can just give him the part, he can draw it himself.

Lately, shops are using 3d scanners on a small scale that would render the product to match ProE/Solidworks, Perfect for such operations.

ika

In my country Georgia Republic I can't find any machine shop that able to make such parts.

Can you provide any online machine shops ?

RampageHopUps

I was joking, it will cost an arm and a leg to have a machine shop do aluminum differentials.

Ol' fart

Yup, like thousands of dollars. Most shops charge from 90 to 150 per hour and they are not quick about it. I have to sell a least twenty units to break even. When I make a run it is 100 pcs minimum to keep the set-up costs down.

ika

There is many parts to improve on MT.

bushings from 50026 and 50040 pins are to sloppy/playing.

Also bushing from 50013 and bolt has sloppy/playing.

All bushings with pins or bolts has same sloppy/playing.

I will buy and replace all bushings connection if better tight one were available.

carp boyz

Banned
Ol said:
Yup, like thousands of dollars. Most shops charge from 90 to 150 per hour and they are not quick about it. I have to sell a least twenty units to break even. When I make a run it is 100 pcs minimum to keep the set-up costs down.
that's too bad man,some 7075 diffs would have been awesome as well as bullet proof

you'd think there would be enough MT owners out there that would be interested in them

carp boyz

Banned
ika said:
Are you going to make Rampage MT diff case?As I know optional aluminum diff case is not the best one.

I wish other parts from you too..
what exactly is wrong with the current blue aluminum diffs available out there anyways,the aluminum diffs that rcpitstop is selling?

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

Im sure if you ask around in georgia, maybe a car mechanic, he can advise you of machine shops since they use it a lot.

Basically, you nerd to provide the sheets.

You can purchase online.

http://www.onlinemetals.com/

Try here. Maybe they can custom make yours. Drop in an email

krashkrieg

Contributor
carp boyz said:
that's too bad man,some 7075 diffs would have been awesome as well as bullet proofyou'd think there would be enough MT owners out there that would be interested in them
You would but thenumbers just aren't there compared to X series owners (not to mention the numbers of 5ives and dbxls already out there)

Ol' fart

ya, lots of Losi stuff out there but, from my point of veiw, there are lots of people making aftermarket parts for them already, so the compatision is tough.

carp boyz

Banned
so are the blue aluminum diffs such as the ones available from redcat pitstop worth the money or are the stock plastic diffs just as good?

Last edited by a moderator:

carp boyz

Banned
carp boyz said:
so are the blue aluminum diffs such as the ones available from redcat pitstop worth the money or are the stock plastic diffs just as good?
has anyone tried the aluminum diffs on the MT V3?

gotta be a few that have

would've been nice to have a bit of feed back first before ordering them,not that they cost that much but if they're not worth it or not any better than the stock plastic diffs that $100.00 can be better spent else where,like some better dog bones and cups

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.