• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

More luck

Ol' fart

I got a " know it all " buddy started with an XT. He didn't break in the motor as I told him to and he blew it up. Pretty sure he has a hole in the piston but I have not looked yet. I get to fix it for him, so, ? where do I buy a new "stock Top end" for this thing. I can find parts for every motor but this one. Is a CY the same as an HY?

G

Maybe run'n it too lean.?

Ol' fart

Naw, he was in an open field and started running across it full speed, back and forth. Lost all power and just started kind of dieseling. It stopped running and it has no compression at all. No grinding noises so I'm pretty sure there is a hole in the piston. Stock upper is about $60, right?

Ildy666

Hey Ol'fart ask around the forum u might be able to find a take out engine on the cheap or maybe a top end.

G

Ol said:
Naw, he was in an open field and started running across it full speed, back and forth. Lost all power and just started kind of dieseling. It stopped running and it has no compression at all. No grinding noises so I'm pretty sure there is a hole in the piston. Stock upper is about $60, right?
What did the plug look like?

alfred e numan

sounds like a air leak caused this to happen. I have ran lean quite a few times - high load -long distances. My engines simply refuse to get up on the pipe- will not start winding out. yea, like all engines, these little guys are lean when cold- go richer as they come up to operating temp. I have pulled engines apart after running as i said above- zero damage. My logic in getting away with this? Non ethanol gasoline - klotz super oil. If i lived in a hot climate i would use Maxama 927. The 927 can have issues staying mixed in cold weather and with high specific gravity gasoline-I.E. race gas. Look guys- the danger in running ethanol gas is this- the simi-truck come into the gas station with pure ethanol-dumps this into the underground tank on top of the non-ethanol gas- the driver pours 5 gallon buckets of a liquid that causes this soup to chemickly mix. if things do not go quite as intended - phase seperation occurs. the pure ethanol settles to the bottom of the underground - gasoline is on the upper part of the tank- why play this game of russian roulette with your high dollar engines- buy non ethanol OR- VP small engine fuel- The vp fuel is spendy- but its formulated to burn faster than race gas intended for full sized engines. -- just my 2 cents worth of b.s.- have funall-----

alfred e numan

These photos show what will eventually be on all 2 cycle engines- for now, its just on weed eaters-small chain saws- on one carb- you see no hi-low fuel screws- there is just a " idle screw " its simply an air bleed that attempts to control all 3 circuts - this screw does not change the butterfly valves opening. - this is on Sthil ms-170-180 saws. bog city to say the least. the carb you see with the fuel screws-butterfly setting screw is what i put on these saws to make then into a decent running saw.- the 170 is 30cc rev monster- goes into logs about 9 thousand rpm- baby hot saw!! great saw for up on the landing- trimming branches off logs the sky-liner drags up.- weighs 8 lbs with out the chain-bar.

alfred e numan

mwilsonjr said:
I use AV gas and 927 at 25 to 1
Read the 927 bottle carefully.- In cold weather its a good idea to shake the daylights outta the mix before use, including the r-c if its set for a while. just saying---

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts